Need to buy a new Video card

Anyone know where I can buy a new video card close to suggested Retail price? I am rocking a R7 260x and would like to upgrade to a 1070 or 1080.

Edit

Best thing I can find is this.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-7700k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-240gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black-gray/6030300.p?skuId=6030300

I can buy a whole system for close to the price of just buying a Video card. I have been waiting over a year for this currency bubble to burst.

Looking for a new motherboard as well?

Not available yet:

Best thing to do is probably stand outside a retail store right when they open.

Thanks for the massdrop link. Keeping a check on those.

For anyone else looking around… I found this

https://www.evga.com/products/featured-bundles.aspx

1080 with a CPU AIO for 700 bucks

Best bet at the moment might be an R9 390(x) or GTX980, given they aren’t that good for mining any more and will provide somewhat similar performance. Thus, should be cheaper.

1 Like

Since a 1060 is basically a 980 just grab one o dose and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Personally if i had to buy a card right now it would be either an R9 390, R9 390X or a Fury or Fury X.

The R9 390s are nice because they have 8 GB of VRAM, are still getting driver updates for improved performance (unlike the GTX9 series which is essentially at the limit of its potential if Nvidia history is anything to judge by).

The Fury and Fury X were quite cheap a few months ago. Not sure on pricing right now.

Sure, these cards use a bit more power but seriously, you’re talking a few dollars a month. It’s not going to make up for the cost difference for a newer more efficient card.

In Perth, western australia, i had TWO RX Vega 64s running 24/7 mining (i had them and it is profitable so why not) and my power bill increased by $50/month. (i’m not a full time pro miner, i just happened to have Vega and it paid itself off basically).

I pay 20-25c per KW/h here, so way more expensive power than the USA…

So worrying about “oh noes this card uses X watts more” if you’re just gaming is for reasons of heat dissipation only. It will make almost no difference to your power bill under normal usage conditions.