Need Suggestions please! PC Upgrade + Benchmark

Hey guys, I've been having problems with my pc build especially with the crossfire and the in game flickering that occurs a lot. So as a result i wanted to sell my video cards and maybe some other stuff in order to upgrade my computer.

This is my build with my benchmark here: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3681032 .
My Mother board is ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0.
My video cards are Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB.

I'm open so suggestions if you have some! Thanks & Cheers!

What's the primary use you'll be using it for? Gaming, workstation, other?
Have a budget in mind?
I'm assuming you are in Canuckistan judging by the username.

1 Like

you got that right. Budget is whatever i get from selling my old hardware plus 100$ so around 350$. It's for gaming

Anyone else have any suggestions?

i would get this https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/gjM323/xfx-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gts-black-core-edition-video-card-rx-580p828d6
as you cant really upgrade the cpu/motherboard/ram with a better system with your budget and the 580 will be way better then a 7950.

1 Like

RX580 would be a nice upgrade to start with.
Wenn you have some additional money lateron.
Then you can upgrade to something like a Ryzen 5-1600 cpu + B350 motherboard and some DDR4 memory.

1 Like

The HD 7950 still works fine I use it which is the exact same card that the OP is using since I killed my 290 and the performance difference is meh judging my former 290 to the 580 and to the 7950, since the CPU would hold it back in some games. I would suggest upgrading to Ryzen or Intel first before upgrading the GPU.

1 Like

Did you overclock your card?

Nah I didn't bother since the performance was enough for me. Also does your cards have a super aggressive fan profile? Because mine goes up to 70% fan speed or more the GPU temps were very cool (61c in Alan Wake..... I hardly play games nowadays.)

I'd have to check but I've never noticed any issues and last time I checked my fans were running below 40%. I would have to do some testing. I will try it out tomorrow night and give you some feedback.