Return to Level1Techs.com

Need some suggestions on some over ear headphones

I’m looking for some new headphone to wear away from my desktop. I currently have a pair of Audio Technica ath-ad700x’s and I really like them. The only problem is the cord doesn’t detach and its like 10 feet long. They are also far too open for use in public. I would prefer sub $200 range and I’m fine with either Bluetooth or wired. Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Likes

Based on its frequency range I can only assume its got a tight base, warm mids and pretty clear vocals right?

would you prefer anything different to it sound wise? also closed backs (for public use) will make the bass a little stronger.

Im really liking the sound of my Takstar pro 82 headphones as they have adjustable bass and great noise Isolation along with a detachable cable but it is also long so you’ll need another cable that goes from 3.5mm to 2.5 mm.

I also heard that the AT M40X with an earpad change makes them sound fantastic with great soundstage on them (havent tried it but I want to at some point.)
The M40x with the earpad mod will be a bit costly but still under $200 if you get a good deal, but the cheaper options would be the Takstar pro 82 or maybe Even the Skullcandy Hesh 3 (which has wireless while the others dont)

0 Likes

Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC $110

Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 $95

Both of those are quality closed-back cordless options with noise cancelling in the ~$100 range, I’d go with the Sennheiser with that small of a gap in price… if I wanted something REALLY nice I’d do the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless… but you’ll have a hard time finding them for less than the MSRP of $699

0 Likes