Need some kind of a decent intro for my YouTube channel

Hey.
I’m going to try this YouTube thing the kids like so much… Again.
I need some kind of an intro for my videos though…
Now, in my latest videos from a few months ago I had some general visual things, like color coordination for different topi and shapes and stuff. Now I need some kind of intro…
My issue is, that I’m using the fairly limited Vegas Pro 13. But I already own it, so I’m not abandoning it to move to a different software.
I am looking for both general ideas as well as a specific implementations.
I tried to make some basic stuff, but my skills proved to be insufficient to deal with the fine details of "stop moving 3/4 of the screen on the left side.
Anyways. Any ideas are welcome. I don’t quite have my own style so I am kinda trying and seeing what fits…

Would having the intro be similar to how New Line Cinema has their intro be easy to create? There are different versions of the intro online. I like the one from 2001.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be able to do that with Vegas and my skill level…
I can improvise something like that though. Much less sleek and professional, much more amateur hour… But still…

I’m going with your username and photo here but maybe some kind of metal slicing noise that is animated to turn into some logo you make for your YouTube channel.

Something like this sound effect here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1mfoOInbA&ab_channel=SoundEffectsMachine

1 Like

TBH that was my original idea, yet I can’t make the images slide in and stay on a specific location… They either slide all the way through or stop in the middle of the screen.
But yes, that was my original idea. The logo swipe, reveling the name of the chanel/topic/video…

You might have to use Adobe Premier+After Effects in the end.

1 Like

I’m not buying new software for God knows how much money to have to learn it from scratch…
I think I would stick with Vegas.
Vegas is actually quite capable. It’s just that I don’t know how to use it properly.

Hi.
My name is Ricky Bobby.
If you don’t chew big red, Fuck you!!

1 Like

Actually I think you can use CC to use both of those for a month for 10 or 20 dollars. BUT, if Vegas can do it, learn how to do it there for sure.

1 Like

The fuck are you talking about ?

1 Like

Obviously…

600full-talladega-nights_-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-screenshot

3 Likes

a link would be better :smiley:
like this :

link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONtKjljX8KI

still don’t get it why did you mention this add ? @nx2l

1 Like

if people dont have a sense of humor, you dont need to be around them.

If people don’t have sense of humor it is either because they do not know the reference you are trying to convey or you are pretty bad at telling jokes…

most video editing software is bad for creating intros/motion graphics, If you don’t want to spend the money on Adobe CC for After Effects then check out Black Magic Fusion the free version is very powerful.

I don’t want to get different software and learn it’s basics and stuff…
I am already having Vegas and I already know the basics…

Dude, almost nobody got your joke or reference or whatever.
Now I have a question. What does your humorous joke have to do with the topic?

I have a “”“killer idea”"" revolving around discomforting non-diagetic sound, a sound sample from Hitchcock’s scream (and wrenching strings) in “PSYCHO”, and the process of boiling eggs.
The idea is: traumatize the ears of the audience - ingraining the memory of your channel in their head. To add to the effect, film in less than 720p and upscale. Also add grain/noise if there isn’t much.
I’m really sorry about my suggestion. The reason I’m sorry is because once you read it, you’ll probably decide every other idea is nothing in comparison. I can’t help this. I was raised on eggs for breakfast from a young age and know what the internet wants.

Here’s my script:

INT. KITCHEN (A SILENT HOME) - DAY - CONTINUOUS
CAMERA: facing the counter, with half+ the frame taken by the bottom edge of the counter - foreshadowing the fate of the egg - the rest of the kitchen counter is in shot showing an egg, and a slice of bread among a deserted counter-top.
(distant from counter can be heard a trickling faucet in the distance, gradually increasing to reach its true volume in the room)

• By itself - an egg rolls toward the edge of the counter - it’s about to fall off!
  • non-diagetic breathing can be heard [BREAD SLICE awaits its prey]
    CUT TO: - THE SAME ANGLE SLIGHTLY HIGHER [TRIPOD]
  • The egg is back at the starting point, it begins to roll toward the edge of the counter. Make note the bread now has less, light shining on it, but it remains motionless.
  • the egg this time falls off the counter for one frame

CUT TO: [SAME ANGLE] [TRIPOD]
6 eggs briefly appear on screen for less than 2-3 seconds, all spinning in random directions - their position on the counter forms a 6

• GUT WRENCHING HORROR SOUND PLAYS FOR A SPLIT SECOND [1/5 OF THE CLIP]
  • SOUND ABRUPTLY FADES TO SOUND OF TRICKLING FAUCET, BUT IT IS TWO TRACKS OF WATER SLIGHTLY OUT OF SYNC (1 IS TIME STRETCHED, THEY SLOWLY COME INTO PHASE WITH ONE ANOTHER), DURING THIS TIME, THEY ARE MAKING OUT OF TUNE NOISES

CUT TO: [TOP DOWN OVER THE COUNTER] [TRIPOD] 15 second shot
THE EDGE NOW ONLY TAKES UP 1/5 OF THE FRAME. THE ANGLE IS CROOKED/NOT SQUARE WITH THE FRAME. LIGHTING IS DIM AND CAST AT AN EXTREME ANGLE, A WIDE SHADOW HANGS FROM THE EGG. A GRADUATED DEEP RED-BROWN FILTER STRONGLY HANGS OVER THE TOP THIRD, SEEPING INTO THE LOWER HALF]

"The egg at first is motionless. The sound of the tap very faint, the overally look of the image very dark.
SLOWLY visibility increases to make the scene legible. The sound of the tap is gradually increases from near silence becoming out of tune and out of phase

THE TAP IS NOW FULL THROTTLE AND CAN BE HEARD IN THE BACKGROUND
The EGG rolls again, this time the bread is not in the same position but very near the path of the egg.
The Egg is now passing the BREAD-SLICE
EGG: SCREAMS!! (cue Hitchcock scream noise)
The bread is now lieing flat on the egg, and the egg is not moving
cue: HORROR SOUND-GUT WRENCHING PSYCHO NOISE
scene: bread lies on egg with sickening sound for 2-3 seonds

**CUT TO: TOP DOWN SHOT **
the camera DOLLIES OUT on the EGGS SPINNING IN 6 FORMATION (because of low budge it just has been scaled down in vegas and now a black canvas of the composition is showing as the background around the video)
The text completing the rest of the channel name appears reading: “PSYHCO_66[6]” holding position in the final dollied back framing for 2 seconds on the title shot (it’s still gradually moving back, but the emphasis is on the text and spinning eggs)

CUT TO: TOP DOWN SHOT
Spinning eggs in non 6 formation (random)

thanks for your time.
if you’d like to know more about how to get the eggs in a 6 formation don’t be afraid to @reply me.

1 Like

well get creative then its now all about your imagination within the limitations of Vegas.

You can never go wrong with fire

My post was a semi-joke, semi-solid - my intention was to help this thread flourish not flounder. Throwing silly ideas out there is the best way to get the creative process started!!

And this suggests an idea - maybe an intro made of video instead of a sterile animation?!
That’s what I was trying to get at with my post, but I guess I did get all creative about it.

Things are what we make of them, right? Definitely know that it could come off as troll-ish, but took the risk cause almost everything can look that way today.

1 Like