Need some budget gaming build advice!

I am going to build my first pc!!! And I need some good advice.  I have a budget of 700-800 dollars.  And I whas thinking to of these parts.

mobo: asus p8z77-v-lx

cpu: i5-3470

ram: corsair vengance ddr3 1600mghz 2x4 8 GB

SSD: samsung 840 series 120 BG

Graphic Card: sapphire HD7770 vapor-x edition/ghz edition

CD-drive: samsung dvd rw s222c 22x sata black oem

power suply: corsair cx500 80plus bronze

case: corsair 200r

operating system: windows 8 64 bit 

This all can cost as much as 800 dollars.  I think this is a decent config but I think you guys are better in this than me so if you have advice please say it to me. 

You've made a good start. If you follow some simple rules, you could easily upgrade this system at a later time. The first thing I took note of is the processor. Now the i5 is perfect for gaming, but it is better to spend the extra 10-20 on the "k" edition of the 3570 (3570k). This allows you to overclock the chip, and as a result, you will get a lot more processing power for your money. You already have the Z77 motherboard chipset, which will allow for the overclocking.

I like Corsair power supplies, but you can do better than the CX series. The HX and the AX are a bit more reliable. Other brands of PSU which are good include: XFX, Rosewill, Seasonic, Antec. XFX probably make the cheapest-best-PSU you are likely to find. Try to pick up one that has 80+ bronze efficiency, or higher. You need about 500-550W for any single GPU configuration, for two GPUs you will need about 750. This will allow you to upgrade to any higher-tier card, when your budget permits.

If this is pushing your budget, you could do without the SSD. You could save money buying a standard HDD. Then, you can always clone your operating system to an SSD when you purchase it. So that'll help with cash flow.

A lot of people would recommend the 7770, if you're on a budget.

This would be a much better rig for gaming: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YpGM

thank you guys this whas really helpful.

i second Vortex88 that built will be alot better in term of gaming

Replace the 7870gHz with a PowerColor 7870 XT, remove the optical drive, and put that money towards a Seagate SV35.5 HDD.

i would lean forward to a  AMD FX6300 rig, with a decend 970 chipsetboard, like the Asus M5A97R2.0, and a powercolor 7870XT. ofc the gigabyte GA-970A-ud3 is a nicer board.

Grtz Angel ☺