Need root!

does anyone have any idea on how to root a Huawei honour 8s please? went to my local mobile repair shop and was told they wanted £20 wich is obviously ridiculous so im begging the community here for help please as I have to rid myself of all the bloat and spyware helpfully installed by the Chinese gov. :slight_smile:

Have you already been over to xda-developers?

I don’t have that phone in particular but I’ve rooted 2 phones in the past using info gathered from there. First an LG Volt and then a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

3 Likes

XDA forums is the one stop shop when it comes to android phones honestly. Rooting, mods, roms, everything. I go there first before I even look at buying a phone. I would also never trust a shop to root a phone for me personally as you never know what exploits they are running. When you do it, you get all the warnings, and know how to fix your phone if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies I had been to xda but couldn’t find honour 8s just note 8 lite but I’ll go looking again. Thanks again. Adey see that link doesn’t seem to be my phone either as the camera is different and it has a fingerprint sensor? Maybe different specs for different parts? Hey ho I’ll keep at it it’s a ksa lx9 honour 8s BTW

After a VERY quick search, the company that makes that phone allows bootloader unlocking (full user control) officially, so here’s the guide for that company’s devices in general.

1 Like

Thank you very much :+1::sunglasses: