• my build- 
  • i5 4670k 
  • EVGA GTX 760 2gb 
  • MSI Motherboard 
  • 8gb of cosiar ram 
  • 1tb WD Blue Hard Drive 
  • Cosair 750m Power supply 
  • Cosair 200r Case 

Im look to upgrade my gpu, and need your guys second opinion! I have under under 500$ and I'm cheap, right now I'm looking at the Sapphire R9 290X 4GB, or the Sapphire Radeon Tri-X R9 290X OC 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E, or maybe the ASUS ROG POSEIDON-GTX780-P-3GD5 Graphics Card. I dont know which one to get, I really dont want the GTX 970 because I can just get a r9 290 or a r9 290x and it preforms just as good. But Ill get one if I have to. So I need your opinions on what I should upgrade to. 

I would say get a r9 290 or 290X whichever fits your budget.

Would it make my fps go up in games too? and thank you for the helps!

as post above, i recommend going with amd but if you like nvidia then i'd go for gtx970 (even though nvidia was a bad boy recently lying to customers, and we shouldn't give them cookies for it, for gaming its not going to impact much, or not at all.)

For 290x i'd go for msi, or powercolor (Sapphire even those produce very nice cards their rma is garbage - they force you to go through your retailers, which means you'll have to pay for it 20-30$.)

Asus directcuII platform is a disappointment recently, new cards are % slower (than competition), and have less cooling capacity than previous gen's directcuii cards. No cookies for asus.

Gigabyte windsomething looks like a good choice, but looses to powercolor

Powercolor 290x has very nice cooler (almost the same the 7990 <2x gpu> had devil 13 or something it was called) so expect great performance from them. Its nice, and price is very cool.

yes, those cards are selling super cheap right now due to lower production costs and a massive influx of cards leftover from bitcoin mining rigs being sold cheap on ebay. Compared to an old mid grade nvidia card that will cost about the same.

thanks for the help, I think im gonna with a amd powercolor