Need recommendation/advice for an easily hackable FPS game (windows)

Hello, I’m new to the forum but been following Wendell since he was behind the camera.
Not to waste anyone’s time, an idea came to mind and it involved machine learning and first person shooters. The problem is that I’m a pleb that has no clue what he’s doing, but that shouldn’t really stop me, right?
So what do I need help with? I want to set up my gaming pc as a test lab for some simple ML and make the AI recieve data from the 3d game and process it in real time. I plan to use the data regarding speed of characters, position, aim, hit reg, and all the other variables the game uses to generate the environment and gameplay.
I tried kovaaks trainer once and it seems like a great 3d environment to use especially because of the different scenarios that simulate known games, but I have no idea how difficult accessing the data will be. Any experience on that one?
Is there some software that can get access to these variables across many games and output them? I played around with things like cheat engine for very basic manipulation of memory sectors but I doubt it can do what I described.
Would you recommend another game that can act as an easily accessible, low demand, 3d simulated environment with targets?

Also is there a community on this forum that can give experienced advice on creating a ML setup? I’m completely out of the loop on what is good.

Before we begin: I thought about doing similar stuff, HOWEVER keep in mind you are breaking TOS by “cheating”

Easy starting point would be taking screen capture and throwing that at an image recognition. Emulating a HID device should be easy enough (carefull with emulating the keyboard!).

1 Like

Why wont you try something more classic and well known? How about the original Quake? There is a lot of data and documentation about the source, assets, behaviors, etc. It should be out there in the open internet somewhere.

If you want something simpler, why not go for Doom?