I’m looking to purchase a new monitor and could really use some help narrowing it down to something that fits my needs. I have an Xbox One X and a PC with a GTX 970. Here are the specs I’m basically looking for:
- 1ms response time
- at least displayport 1.2
- at least hdmi 2.0 (unless hdmi 1.4 can run 1440p at 120hz?)
- prefer bezel less design though not a deal breaker
- freesync to keep cost down
- I would prefer to have speakers, though this is not necessary (sometimes I’m too lazy to put on my headphones)
- price under $500 though I could go a bit higher if I had to in order to get the perfect monitor
I recently purchased an LG 27UK600-W which is a 4k “HDR” 60hz monitor and it looks amazing on my Xbox One X. Unfortunately when I played Rocket League on it, I felt slower. I’m still able to compete at Champ 1 / Champ 2, but feeling slow is really frustrating. I thought I could deal with it, but I spend probably 50% of my time playing Rocket League, 25% playing single player games (RDR2, Assassins Creed, etc.), and the last 25% playing FPS games (Black Ops 4 right now), so competitive gaming is mostly what I play right now.
The LG 27UK600-W is an IPS panel with a claimed 5ms response time which honestly it does feel pretty quick, but I would also like to start playing Rocket League on my PC at 144hz.
So here’s my rundown:
- I mostly play Rocket League and various FPS games so input lag / response time has to be very fast. I like IPS panels because they look better and are usually more color accurate, though I would take a TN or VA panel over an IPS panel if the IPS increases latency too much.
- PC I want to run at 1440p 144hz mainly just for Rocket League
- Xbox One X I want to run at 1440p 120hz (I know 120hz isn’t a huge benefit on the Xbox, but there are still some advantages to it)
Monitors I’ve kind of looked into:
Pixio PX276 $350
MSI Optix MAG27CQ $400
Asus MG278Q $500
BenQ Zowie XL2730 (this monitor is hard to find in stock, but I think I found 1) $550
Acer 27" XZ271U $550
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ $630
Samsung CHG7 $500
Alright, sorry for the book. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I may try adjusting a few settings on my LG monitor to see if I can make Rocket League feel a bit faster, but at this point I think I’m leaning towards a faster 144hz monitor.