Hi, I'm looking for advice on my first computer build. The main purpose of this PC will be to be constantly plugged into my 46" LCD TV, and used for HD Videos/games, hoping to be able to play pretty much anything in highest settings, but also trying to keep it on a budget.
Is it practicle to play PC games on a HDTV? Or is that pretty much out of the question?
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor - $89.99
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard - $89.99
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory - $0.00 (Free with motherboard)
- Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - $69.99 (Mass movie storage)
- Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk - $66.48 (OS drive/whatever game i'm currently geeking out over)
- VideoCard: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card - $172.15
- Case: Rosewill Challenger-U3 ATX Mid Tower Case - $39.99
- PowerSupply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - $53.99
Total comes out to roughly 580$. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get the same performance for cheaper? Or if there is some better, more expensive parts that I need to buy to get what I'm looking for? thanks in advance for any advice :)
Also thinking of swapping out my video card for EVGA 01G-P4-3650-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0. Seems to have better numbers, as far as I can tell, and saves me about 40$, as well as about 100w less draw, and comes with Assasins Creed 3 if bought from newegg >:)