Need method to block web proxies on home network

Howdy all. I would like to be able to block the use of web proxies on my home wired and wireless connections.

In the recent past I was using an iboss filtering wireless home router which seemed to do the best job but unfortunately the hardare could go no faster than 35 Mbps and the company has no plans to offer more modern hardware and the filtering updates on their end (which used to require a subscription fee are no longer available).

I have cable internet service, an asus ac-3100 wireless router(using settings for filtering by keyword and domain ), basic opendns filtering (basic - router is configured to use opendns for dns service and home account level filtering ( with opendns client software installed per machine),

Qustodio software filtering software per device also.

At the moment, Croxyproxy.com is an issue ( it seems to double proxy from its webproxy homepage using a list of other webproxies? that it can combine ) and seems to be a hole that so far cannot be plugged.

Any Ideas?

Unless you’re going to either block direct access to port 443 outbound and do man in the middle SSL inspection with a forced wildcard certificate it is going to be a losing battle i suspect.

Is this something I could expect to do with the ac-3100 or maybe a pfsense box and limited knowledge?

Possibly, but its not simple. You’ll need to set up your own certificate infrastructure, install trusted wildcard certificates on all the devices and configure squid/squidGuard to inspect/block HTTPS traffic.