Need help with this Build!

Ok so first of all I'm new to tek syndicate forums so its good to be here. I am current transferring from console gaming to PC master race and have selected the following parts to build my pc. I have no idea what I'm doing so If you guys can suggest possible way i could lower my cost and get better parts etc. please do so.

My budget 400-500 pounds

Parts:-

Processor: AMD (Piledriver) FX-8320 3.50GHz 

GPU: HIS HD 7870 IceQ X 2048MB GDDR5

Power Supply: 600W corsair cx600

Case: Corsair carbide 200R

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA990FXA

Memory: Kingston Hyper X genesis grey (1866)

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache

thats not a bad build expecially for a first timer, your going for a gray build i presume? Do a little bit of research about the 990FX series from Gigabyte i just read from the motherboard forum about that series specifically with having minor to major issues. 

I was actually going with asrock but someone recommended me the gigabyte because it has better power phases or something. 

You should be able to tell the number of power phases in the mobo spec. Asrock are pretty decent though.

Well, Asrock has known DOA sometimes, (Dead On Arrival) but if u want a honest better board id up the ante to an Asus board.

Now I'm having real worries about the build because if the motherboard ain't good then the everything else falls with it. If you guys can recommend me one that would suit my build that would be great, 

dont get discouraged, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873 heres one thats relatively inexpensive. I know it gets stressful when moving over platforms. take it step by step, being on this forum is great for your fortification in your build, just watch videos after videos, and keep getting tips. i've watched countless videos, about just building it. dont give up. 

The Gigabyte board is better, as the 8+2 power phase design is better than the 4+2 Digi+ power phase in the Asus M5A97 board.  Also, the Gigabyte one the OP had picked has a better 990fx chipset.

If you want a slightly better board, check your prices for the:

Asus M5A99FX Pro

Asus M5A99X EVO

Also, how many gigabytes of ram are you planning to get?  I would suggest at least 8GB.