Need help with (sort of trivial) stuttering in Mint

Yes, i use false because of high refresh rate, I've already tested for 3+ hours idle times on PC with nVudua GPU, works perfect, and I'm on this machine for hours and it works perfectly so far on both machines, so i guess it is solved, will edit first post ;).

Looks like the problem returns after a while, then goes away by restarting. God damn infuriating.

edit:

Actually now it went away again. So apparently it just randomly occurs, though less than before.

Yes, on PC with nVidia GPU, problem returned, and I've installed Zorin OS on it, however, on another one everything works perfectly. Maybe nVidia driver ignores it? Can you try it with open source driver and report after testing?

I've switched to Intel HD 4000. The switch from Nvidia had no effect on the situation.

Hm that is strange, on another machine (with nvidia GPU), problem returned, but not if system is idle (i did not explain it well), but when it is used on facebook (flash games).

Try to put VBLANK to false, and ignore tearing for the moment, see if stutter happen then.

Turned it off. The tearing is quite unbearable, but I'll do it for this experiment :p

I've noticed that the tearing often occurs while watching Youtube videos. Then again I'm watching them all the time, so I can't really say if there's any correlation. Also turned off some power saving settings and increased the iGPU memory in the UEFI.

Well, i will not advice you to OC monitor in order to minimize tearing, because it is risky. Also, i experimented as thirdmortal suggested with audio, and I have no clue how, but i managed to remove HDMI audio from sound settings (because at first, it ignored my command, and even tho i removed all blacklist lines I've added, now it is removed, and everything is on default right now except those two lines in env.), so there is something to look at also.

Anyway, report back, you can do it in this topic since we had basically the same problem. As far as my main system is concerned, it is rock stable and ultra smooth now, no mroe stutter (another PC i did put Zorin OS, and it is smooth with it, with all compiz effects, cube etc.).

Looks like changing the vblank had no effect, just had a fit of stutter.

Can you try this:
sudo gedit /usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/main.js

Change all Meta.enable_unredirect_for_screen(global.screen) , to:
Meta.disable_unredirect_for_screen(global.screen)

Please, remember lines where you changed (should be two lines), if you need to get them back to default. Also, for me, changing to disable actually made things worse (not for 2D it works the same) for Dolphin emulator and one map on F-Zero GX (Port something, in saphire cup).

I found it here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=155365

I changed topic from solved, untill you solve it on your system (that will apply to another PC also i assume), and if someone have another suggestion not to skeep the topic.