Need help with PH II 955 stock fan

Hello. I installed a Phenom II X4 955 today and I have a problem.

The stock cooler idles at 3500-4000 RPM, and when playing a game it goes all the way up to 5500-6300 RPM. This is very, very annoying as it sounds like I have a jet inside my PC.

I don't think this is normal. Also, the speed is not consistent. It may be at 5000 rpm when gaming, and for a second it goes to 6100, then down again.

I checked and the fan is properly connected to the CPU_Fan connector on the motherboard. 

I can't play any game because of this, it's just SO loud. Any help please? Thanks.

depending on the board you have you should be able to limit the fan speed in bios. i will recommend that you get a aftermarket cpu cooler the stock amd coolers are only good for stock setting and are loud when put under load.

Yeah.. I'm gonna buy a CM TX3, but I don't have the money right now. 

My motherboard is old, and I don't have any option to control the fan speed :/

EDIT: Damn, I just hit 6700 RPM while gaming. I don't think this is normal.. 

It's annoying and loud, but it's completely normal: it's a very small fan and in order to cause enough airflow it needs to rev up really high. The stock cooler is made by cooler master, and is a small heatpipe cooler, that is actually pretty efficient, but annoying due to the high rev small fan.