Need Help with My new threadripper 3970x build

Hi all Im not sure if I added this to the correct thread so please forgive me if I did not. I recenlty built what I plan to be a workstation for coding, video editing, live-streaming, and light gaming(very light). Specs are as follows:

— Hardware —
CPU - Threadripper 3970x
Motherboard - Gigabyte Designaire
Ram - 32 GB(2x16) 3600
GPU - Sapphire RX 570

– Software —
I have a dual boot setup of both Manjaro Linux and windows 10(temporarily) until I get my VM’s working correctly. I would like to run windows 10 and mac os and have linux as my main os. Here is my neofetch,

Host: TRX40 DESIGNARE -CF
Kernel: 5.11.10-1-MANJARO
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X (64) @ 3.700GH
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X
Memory: 1290MiB / 32040MiB

LC_ALL=C lscpu | grep Virtualization
Virtualization: AMD-V

cat …grub

GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=“Manjaro”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet amd_iommu=on rd.driver.pre=vfio-pci kvm.ignore_msrs=1 apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

cat…mkinitcpio.conf

MODULES=“vfio_pci vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_virqfd kvm kvm_amd”

…HOOKS=“base vfio udev autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap filesystems”

I do have windows vm working in virt-manager but it only boots with qemu64(CPU) not kvm64. I did look around and noticed that some people said they had to add additional things to grub for a better experience. Im just stump with this and at this point dont know what to do. Please help me with whatever you can thanks all

EDIT 1- SOLUTION, I thought I had a MOBO(GIGABYTE TRX40 Designaire) with SVM already enabled because I didnt see it in the bios but once I found it and enabled it of course it worked.

EDIT 2- For whatever reason Im having issues with pasthrough rx570 gpu from Linus host to windows 10 guest

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.