Need Help With Graphics Card

Hey guys,

so i just got my new graphics card for Christmas (if you have seen my last post you would know its a Nvidia Geforce GT220, now i just checked and my PSU is only 220-240W and im fairly sure thats not enough to power the card, so i was wandering is it enough to power a GT220 or not? i plan to order a new PSU tomorrow around the 450 mark.

Thanks,

CJ

Look for the Power Usage on the card. Prolly on the box. 450-500W should be enough.

FM-Fr4gm4n said:

Look for the Power Usage on the card. Prolly on the box. 450-500W should be enough.

yeah thats the annoying thing :P, its not on the box or in the instructions. i was prepared for buying a new PSU anyway, i was expecting it to be too low.

No worries. It will run very fine on that.

My friend runs my old 9800gtx (which is alot more power hungry than a gt220) on a 320w oem psu..

you can

GreenSLi said:

No worries. It will run very fine on that.

My friend runs my old 9800gtx (which is alot more power hungry than a gt220) on a 320w oem psu..

you can guarantee me that a GT220 will work on a 220-240W PSU? that came with the computer? its a packard bell computer BTW

Yes, I can. :] It got a MAX TDP on 58W.. so..

GreenSLi said:

Yes, I can. :] It got a MAX TDP on 58W.. so..

thanks alot :D, im going to install it right now :D

just installed the card, going to make some benchmarks and maybe film some gameplay to show how good/bad this card runs.

CJ said:

just installed the card, going to make some benchmarks and maybe film some gameplay to show how good/bad this card runs.

Good to hear it's working.