Need help picking parts for a jira server

I need to run a small jira server for my university assignments and possibly assignments from others in my class. I have already set up a server on my raspberry pi 3 but the loadtimes are 5 seconds plus even with a fresh install of Ubuntu. Currently I plan on buying a generic dell optiplex pc with an intel core duo and 4gb ram or a rack with 2x xeon e5620 and 24gb ram. Which build would better suit a jira server?

Hi,
Taken a quick look into what JIRA outline as server spec’s and either of those systems suggested would be fine.

On JIRA’s site they specify they’re using a Nehalem grade system and supporting something quite large. So the C2D system would likely be fine, although getting the larger system does open up future uses.

As for the raspberry pi, do you have a GUI installed and active. As running that alone will sump the resources quite heavily.

1 Like

Definitely, the one with higher ram. not necessarily due the amount that your service would use directly, which trust me, for a java base app 4GB is not nearly enough, but more importantly due to the importance the Linux I/O cache has in the overall performance of the service you’d be running. again specially if they are java base.