Need help on a first time build

I am building a gaming PC for the first time. The budget that I have is about $900 and no more than $920 not including tax. I would like your guys help on whether there is something that is not needed or something that has to be upgraded.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-core Processor = $179

MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard = $104

Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory = $80

Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200Rpm Internal Hard Drive = $59

Video Card - XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card = $229

Case - Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX MID Tower Case = $59

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply = $64

Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer = $20

Wireless Network Adapter - TP-Link TL-WN851ND 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter = $21

Case Fan - Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan = $13

Operating System - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit = $74

Why not get an AC network adapter? it costs the same. Also, that's alot of AMD. Not sure if that's intentional but I would argue that Nvidia and Intel are superior options. 

What do u mean by a lot of AMD. Also I didn't go with Intel or NVIDIA cause they are too expensive.

Its a solid build. you can find a 4670K i5 for about the same price as the 8350 at micro center. and the 280X is really cheap used atm because of the sell off after the mining craze. If you were to go with the Intel cpu then a as rock mobo (pro4) would be a good option. 

$915 after rebate. good PSU and heatsink :]

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mCb9XL

I would look to add an SSD. It is the single best upgrade you could give a pc. Also, they are cheap now!

I was thinking about that too. Also What are your thoughts on a $1300 with a I7 3770k and a GTX 970

3770K is a rock sollid cpu, but keep in mind, that it will be hard to find a decent mobo for that now days. if you ever run into any trouble with a current Z77 motherboard in the future, you might have a problem finding a decent replacement.

i would realy advice to go for a i5-4690K or if you can afford a 4790K, i dont think that there will be a big price diffrence between a 3770k and 4790k cpu. and for $1300 it should be do-able. even with a better gpu then a 280x.

I could look for a cool build if you like to. Where are you going to use this build for mainaly? Because for gaming an i7 is basicly overkill, an i5-4690K would be more then enough.

p.s, also please keep questions about your upcomming pc build into one topic. This makes it easier for your self and other to follow.

not everyone lives by a microcenter..... 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xYZGwP

Here is a very decent gaming setup, below the $1300,- price point. i5-4690K is a sollid cpu for gaming in combination with a GTX970.

sorry for replying so late but what would you say if I was to add a GTX 980 in there and get a cheaper case and mobo. Because I think that a $130 mobo is overkill because I am not running dual GPUs and I probably don't want all those memory clock options because the only reason I would overclock the RAM is if I was going to run an APU and obviously there is a GPU in there. I just want your opinion. Also the reason I want a GTX 980 is because I am a the type of person that wants my PC to last me several years (aka 5-10) without upgrading because I find upgrading a hassle and besides, by the time I am going to run dual GPUs I would have changed my mobo or atleast have rebuilt my PC. Please respond quickly, I am in a little bit of a tough situation and sorry again for the late reply

GTX980 sure good choice.

Which motherboard are you looking at?