[Need Help] My Audio Occationally Dropping Quality

So my issue is my audio of my headphones occationally drops in quality. This happens when a sound sequence is triggered and after one has ended, it NEVER happens in the middle of a sound/song. I can fix the issue by changing the headpones' audio format in the properties a few times, then change it back to the one it was on (2 channel - 24 bit - 96Khz) and it is fine again. The issue is temporary and comes occationally at random. It is annoying having to change the audio format every 15 minutes... -_- I was wondering if anyone here on this forum would be able to help me, because I haven't really tried many fixes specifically because I don't really know what to do or how to fix this. I will provide information below regarding my set up.

I am using an Audio Technica ATH-M50x, they are hooked up to an audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) via 1/4" TRS, which is all hooked up to my computer. I also have a Audix OM7 microphone hooked up to my Scarlett via XLR. I have noticed that it is not my headphones producing bad sound, as they work fine on other platforms, but I don't know what is the source of the sudden bad audio. It sounds all robotic-y. And it doesn't always sound bad, I'd say about every 15 minutes it just gets bad when a new song comes on or something. For instance, my audio will be good, then someone will message me on Steam, and the notification sound will sound all distorted and then when a new song comes on, it sounds equally messed up. So this is how I know it is not my headphones.

If anyone can help much would be appreciated! I don't know what to do or how to make this random audio glitch stop occurring! All I've done is switched out the cords, used different ones but that has not appeared to help.

This isn't a hardware issue, and most definitely has nothing to do with your cables.

The issue seems to be that when you are playing a song or whatever and something else comes on, they interfere with each other...? Have you tried using WASAPI and isolating the audio stream for one of the programs, like say Foobar? It might help, though there are side effects.

I have not tried that, I honestly don't even know how you would go about doing that.

Ehh, so the recordings are useless... if my setup doesn't have issues it won't show up. And my setup is fine.

What is your dac rated for? Bitrate and all that. Maybe you aren't sending the right thing to it.

Yeah true honestly, don't know what I was thinking haha.

44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 . kHz / 24 bit, which i am using 96Khz / 24 bit.

THD = -100 dB

Dynamic Range = 106 dB

Max. Output Level = +10 dBu

here are more specs if you need more: http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-solo/specifications

although I dont see anything that would cause these issues...

Try dropping it t 44.1k, and play with it there. Just to see what happens.

Also what player are you using...? And what USB port, is it USB 2.0? Or 3.0? 3.0 has issues with older drivers, or older hardware, not entirely sure why, but it's a thing.

Tried that. I drop it to whatever format and it doesn't change anything. I am using USB 2.0 also.

I know that it is not my headphones going bad, because I've heard the distorted audio and the normal audio at the same time, and I know that it is not the cables, because I've switched them out with different ones and no change, and I also know it is not my DAC because in the videos I recorded, the sound was processed fine. I don't have any idea what it could be, and for now, at the moment, I have just hooked up my headphones directly to my computer, but I would still love to be able to connect them to my DAC/AMP, it drives them more. :/

I don't know what the issue is, but let me add a little information.

First off:

That is not accurate, the DAC has nothing to do with the video you took, the DAC translates the digital output to analogue, but video has nothing to do with that output, the audio is taken before that. The DAC would not make a difference.

If the sound from that DAC/Amp is the issue but not from onboard, I am almost 100% sure it's your DAC/Amp. What the issue is I have no clue.

so then, what is processing my sound? I thought DACs processed sound, like external sound card or something

Yes, the DAC is processing your sound, but that is the digital to analogue converter, literally. You can't hear the digital signal, you can only understand the analogue one, and the DAC turns the digital signal stored/produced on your computer into such.

Like I said, the DAC comes after what is being recorded, so it has nothing to do with the recording.