Need help modding HP thin client bios

Hello!

I would like to somehow disable the wifi card whitelist on my HP t510 thin client. As far as I have seen so far, the only way to do that would be to use a modded bios. (Getting into the advanced bios would be great too.)

The closest thing to I’ve been able to find is a thread on the older winraid forum about the newer HP t630.

Could someone please help me with this or point me to a guide on modding bios’ for a total beginner?

Thank you!

if memory serves, the wifi card is on a mini-card in those. just take the card out and wireless is permanently disabled.

It’s a mini pcie slot. I’m trying to get a wifi card to work that is not on the whitelist.

oh god. o.k. let me deal with the nightmares real quick. o.k. deep breath

you will need to acquire winphlash and a hex editor.

you can either try to replace a known wifi card, or you can try to essentially comment out the whitelist section. both have pros and cons.

to swap, find the complete device ID of a known card and the card you want to install and swap it in a BIOS and then upload the BIOS.

to comment out the section you will have to try to find the root header of the wifi card device ID and then remove that entire module.

there was a guide on WinRAID forums i think for this. it is a TON of work. those HP clients are common and you might find a pre-made modded BIOS.

bios-mods forum has an entire section for HP laptops (basically the same thing).

Thank you!
This helps a lot. I spent about half an hour looking for a modded bios but I couldn’t find one. That’s why I asked here.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.