Need help getting the best bang for my buck

its 4 graphics cards (basically) and 4 server processors.......... 

I apologize, I don't know a lot about computer components. I thought I would only be running the 2 video cards.

i wasnt trying to be rude to you i was talking to the guy who recommend the build with a 1000w psu lol. I was stupid with this build im using and bought a 850w and i would run almost 3 GPUs on that.

No your good bud. So you think the 1000w is overkill. Is it a better safe than sorry kind of thing, where I would rather have more than I would ever need? Would it be much cheaper to go with the 850w. What is the main difference between the two?

Well, you might have some trouble with the r9 290x seeing as that it's a new card so there will be lacking driver support for it in OS X (whether it be from Apple or the modding community). Also make sure that the motherboard has a working DSDT file for that board. Other than that you should be fine.

theres a kind of sweet spot around 600-800ish where they are good for cost to watt out put and they have good efficiency standards like 80 plus bronze or what not. but ya a 1000w is a bit over kill as an i7 with a gtx 680 only draws like 330ish during gaming and about 350ish when rendering.

oh wow, that does seem a bit overkill when you put it that way.  Got any recommendations?

your just talking about duel booting right?

I admit, 1000W is higher than necessary for this build.  I was looking for something higher than 850W, but I didn't find anything that I liked.  All the ones I found were from unknown brand which I do not trust.  The FD Tesla R2 was the cheapest option that came up that was over 850W from a decent brand.  If EJohns ever wants to OC with his R9 290Xs in CrossFire(R9 290Xs are quite a bit more power hungry than GTX 680s!) and his 4770k, he has plenty of headroom, and the PSU will likely run its in most efficient state; it will be neither at full load nor be a waste of wattage.

Yes I will probably be looking to overclock. Once I do some research on it, so that I know the pros and cons, with what it will do to and for my system. And not to mention how to do it, with my luck I'll screw up and fry my board. haha.

Yeah, if you wanted to dual boot windows and mac. If your just using windows then you're fine with whatever hardware config you want, but if you want to dual boot windows and Mac OS then you'll need to make sure that the hardware is compatible (as there are certain guidelines - google Hackintosh, it should tell you more about it).

I will, thanks.

What system would you suggest for someone with a $1000-1300 range? My video editing projects have been increasing so my 5 year old now laptop just isn't cutting it with rendering and exporting. I use Adobe Premiere CS6, After Effects, and may possibly upgrade to Avid Media Composer 7 in the near future.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1XHFT

Here is a little something I've been toying around with. I'm open to suggestions. Especially if it means saving money :) oh and I'm in the US if that helps too.