Need help getting the best bang for my buck

I would like to preface this by saying that I'm a complete novice when it comes to building a PC and knowing what components I need to get what I want out of my new PC. I'm getting into video editing, and I need a new computer that can do everything that I need at the moment, with school, any other situation I may find myself in. Including of course editing, paper writing, and maybe a bit of gaming. As I said I'm a novice, I have never built a PC before, but unless I have to solder I think I'll be fine. I also don't know much about computer parts, so I don't know what I need, or where to go to look for what I would need. I have about $2500 to spend. Could someone help me with maybe a shopping list, or maybe a trustworthy site that can make me what I need. I appreciate your help guys. thanks. 

Do you know what programs you'll be using to video edit?  It would be good to see if CUDA or OPENCL would accelerate that program.  I'll start a build in the meantime.

Also, building a computer is pretty simple these days.  It's kinda like putting cartridges into different game consoles.  Everything slots or drops together.

Right now we're working with the Adobe Suite. After Effects and Premiere mostly. 

I put together this build for another guy.  It'll make a good baseline for your build.

You could still get a monster of a PC at that price, possibly with a 2011 socket.  I don't know enough about the 2011 socket to give suggestions, so I'll build high end 1150 PC for ye.

-EDITED DUE TO COMMENT BELOW :D-

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1WywZ

Red/Black Theme

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor.  i7, Haswell.  What can I say?

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler.  Great AIO cooler!

Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.  Z87, Really nice VRMs, should be a great overclocker.

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.  Red HS, 16GBs.  Super overkill in today's standards, esp for gaming.

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk.  FAST.  Plenty of space for OS and programs.  Install only OS and programs on here.  Space is limited!

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.  2TB will help storing all the videos you'll be recording/editing.

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire).  The budget allowed it.  AMD's new top card, in SLI, will be stupid fast.  Adobe software will be accelerated due to OpenCL.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case.  Quiet, quality case.  With a window to see all your beautiful components.

PSU: Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply.  Enough wattage for OC headroom, Semi-modular!  Doesn't say Haswell ready, so you might have to go into the Motherboard BIOS and tweak some if the idle states in there.

thanks dude, your awesome! quick question: will that build allow me to duel boot windows and mac?

what would the price be for all that?

Not including tax and maybe some shipping:

I've never dual booted, as I never found a need to.  Nothing should restrict dual-booting, though.

Wow, that is beefy dude. although I am getting a different price, $1861.91. I would still need a few other things like monitor for instance. I would like to do some sort of duel monitor setup if possible.

I only ask that because most everyone that I've talked to tells me that editing is easier on the mac. 

Personally, I find no difference.

I updated the link in the previous comment because the graphics cards I chose would not help your video editing software.  I updated the description and link to match your needs.  I'll see what I can do to fit some dual monitor setup.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1WzsN

Changes:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler.  I was at $2,499 with the h100i, so I downgraded a bit to this cooler.  Don't let the price doubt you, as this is a tried and true design.  Cools your CPU really well.

MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.  Still a great motherboard.  Cheaper, less fancy.

Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Monitor x2.  I have an LED monitor myself, and find them good enough for gaming.  These should work well.

One more thing, what would you suggest as a monitor/ sound card setup. don't need anything all that overpowered, just something that I hopefully wont have the need to replace within the year. what else do you think I'll need after all that? please don't say "keyboard", I'll feel dumb. 

I'm not an audiophile, so I don't know my soundcards :/.  I hope someone else can help you with that.  My dual monitor setup for you can be seen if you scroll down

I saw that you posted that as soon as I posted that question.

I really appreciate all of your advice bud.

Do I need to run a duel video card setup?

you dont need dual GPUs but in some cases it will help alot. and for the PSU 1000W!??!?!?? thats crazy what are going to run dual 7990s and quad opterons!

I'm sorry, but I don't know what "dual 7990s and quad opterons" means.