Need help changing root dataset permissions on truenas

I think I have a slightly different version of FreeNAS but most of the settings in there are the same on mine.

Back to SMB Setup. The new share you setup for test. Instead of EDIT ACL there should be just and EDIT option. Under that, there should be advanced options and then Browsable to Network Clients Check Box. Is that checked?

i’m on Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1

yeah that box is checked.

How about allow Guest Access? Is that checked?

Nope, I’ll give it a go now.

Still did nothing

OK… Burn the computer to the ground and build a new one. This one’s clearly got gremlins.

J/K Although, I’m fresh out of ideas again. I hate that we can’t collectively get this working for ya.

I really feel like doing so at times, I have had this issue long before I plucked up the courage to ask for help too.

No problem though your help is still appreciated, something may click in someone’s head eventually.

I’m considering seeing if I can pay someone to come out and take a look at it for me, but I don’t know if anyone in the field would even bother for something like this.

On her user entry have you tried without Microsoft account checked?

When you try to login as her, does Windows ask for a username and password or jump straight to the “nope” message?

Been Tried