Need Help Building first rig

Need Help Building first rig.

I decided to build a computer for gaming instead of buying one. I have never done it and figured why not give it a try.

Part List
Part List Is Compatible: No issues/incompatibilities found.Estimated Wattage: 389W

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $129.99

CPU Cooler Enermax ETS-T40-TB 86.7 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99

Motherboard
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $145.99

Memory Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $47.98

HARDDRIVE Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $72.04 $72.04

Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card $249.99 -

Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $34.99

Case Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99

PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $99.99

Optical Drive Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer $15.99
Base Total: $951.94
Mail-in Rebates: -$45.00
Shipping: $14.98
Total: $921.92

I wanted to know if you could take a look at it and see if there is anything I should change and why. I want it for playing MMORPG and some FPS. I look at the Intel chips and the AMD its seems you can get a good price on the AMD and I also look at a 8350 AMD chip and was told the FX6300 would be good for what I do since most games still use only signal or dual core with this be a six core it leaves space to grow with out spending the extra money.  Or should I go with the 8350 look at the intel i5 or I7? I don't know anything about over clocking. I'm open to any advice I want to try to keep my budget down around$800- $1000 this a little over but in the range I want to spend.
 The other question i'm not sure about the memory most people say go with the 1600 vs 1866 or higher does it make a difference. I'm open to any suggestions I'm a greenhorn at this and just learning. Please no fanboy answer on intel or amd I open to either I have always used intel before. I just want to try to get the best bang for the buck but at the same time not buy way more then I need for what i use it for. Gaming and surfing the internet and streaming video at the same time. I also use my pc as a media center for PLAYON Media. I hear different things about ssd and want one but the cost are high. Are they worth it if I leave my pc on 24/7? One last thing what is a good OS I hear bad things about 8 and never used 7. I thank you in advance for any help.

create an account on PC parts picker and post a link to your build.

From what I can see from the big block of text (post the link to the list - it is near the top of the page), it seems pretty good. Get a better PSU, though - something like an XFX Pro 550W 80+ Gold or a SeaSonic G Series 550W 80+ Gold for a little more, but with higher quality.

I'm not sure if leaving your pc on all the time is a good thing or not. I cant see it doing a whole lot of damage, but maybe over time. But if you leave it to hybernate when your not using it, it should be ok i think. As far as OS goes, stick to windows 7. Its a much smoother and much much better experiance than windows 8. Windows * was meant to tablets. It feels like they just ported that to PC

your build is great all nice stuff. That power supply is good dont change it