Need help building an architecture based machine

This is my second time typing it, accidentally clicked on a link before posting. Damn you trackpad!

Hi there!,

I was told to build a machine that will specialize in 3D rendering and CAD design. The budget is $3000, I could ask for more, but no too much. After thinking about it I came to several conclusions,

1) The machine should have specialized components: I think that I can find some good Xeons and Quadros that can fit in a budget. If, the difference between a gaming component and a professional component are not much, then I'll pick the professional one. If the gaming components are better than the professional one (for the price) then I'll consider switching the build. They are asking for a 2011-3 socket (but what do they know). I dont belive that ECC RAM is necesary in this case.

2) The machine will participate in network renderings: They told me they've experimented with it and that the process is sped quite substancially. In their network they have about 7 other computers that can participate in those heavy rendering and they would like to use this machine as the host of the render. I think that their network is 100mb and probably would bottleneck the whole process.

3) The machine does not need a lot of storage: They have a file server that manage all files (they are backed up locally and remotely, don't worry they've learned their lesson). I've heard that AutoCAD need to refer to multiple files that they have on the file server in order to work, so moving information is very delicate. Probably a decently sized SSD will do the trick.

4) The machine wont run overnight: They rarely do that, maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

5) The machine need to be able to run demanding software: This is probably obvious but I needed a place to list them all. It need to be able to run: Revit, 3DS max - vray, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUP, Rhino, Ilustrator and similar.

Now to the build I came up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V3 2.4GHz 8-Core Processor ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($386.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Predator 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($725.49 @ Mac Mall)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($237.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY Quadro K4200 4GB Video Card ($784.00 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit) ($138.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $3278.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-25 00:14 EDT-0400

The procesor: I chose to go with a Xeon because I read its better for these kinds of stuff. Frankly I don't know anything about these kind of processors, for the price, I think it's adequate.

The CPU cooler: If I've heard anything about Noctua, It's quality and silence. I like both. I don't think a liquid cooling system is needed for this setup, so air cooling it is.

The MoBo: This is literally the highest rated Motherboard PCPP showed me. I think is good for this build but I could be wrong. It might be a little overkill.

The RAM: I've heard that 3D rendering takes the best out of your RAM, so I maxed it out. 8GB per stick is enough and even advantageous (I think).

The SSD: I went with Samsung and thier Pro line for speed and reliability. I think 512GB is enough and future proof. As I stated earlier, they don't need any local storage.

The GPU: I chose this based on the fact that it's design for it. But maybe I'm better of with a gaming GPU or maybe not.

The Case: I didnt pay enough attention to this, I can source a case locally and I just added it because. I dont know how to properly choose a case, I'm depending on you in this one.

The PSU: 760W sounds like enough for this build, PCPP says it'll only draw about 400W but I just don't believe it. Its fully modular, 80+ Platinum and very excellently priced. I'm only concerned with loudness, haven't had time to research on this.

The OS: I really don't feel like Win10 is a smart decision, and with all these free upgrade makes it sound stupid. I don't mind switching it to Win7.

That's about it, I probably made huge mistakes but its better for it to happen here.

Please, feel free to constructively criticize my build.

My friend who's an numerical simulations engineer says you can use the graphics card to do a lot in autoCAD, but it uses a lot of video memory and of course the clock speed/CUSA's are advantageous too. The more GDDR5 RAM the better if you use those functions though.

As far as i have seen, you could do better with a 390x, but that´s just my opinion, and as far as i remember, there was a reference on a video in here in which you could "transform" (let say it that way) a gtx video card into a quadro, so i don´t trust them, if you want to put all your money in the gpu, you better grab a firepro 7100, they have more vram, and they are optimised for autodesk products.

another thing that´s not useful in your system is 2800mhz in the ram, considering that you are using a xeon, I would pick a ddr3 based xeon, and invest more on the gpu! :D