Hi everyone, I am looking form some advice.
I am planning to build a new gaming and workstation system, and I have been following Bitwit and others. I have a few components that I would like in the system but, I would like some recommendations for brands and models.
Components I have selected:
- Processor - Ryzen 7 2700x
- Video card - GTX 1080 Ti - preferably Asus STRIX but if you have a better suggestion
- Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero
- Ram - I want 64 GB but will settle for 32GB
- Boot Drive - Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2
- Case - I am waiting for the new Phanteks Evolv X
- OS - Linux Mint
So I am looking for recommendations on
- AIO for cooling.
- Mother board - preferably Asus but if you can make good argument for something else let me know(WifI is not necessary)
- Ram 16gb sticks of DDR4 - but I am not sure what speed to get
- Version and model of GTX card if you have a good recommendation.
- Additional fans
- Additional 2tb ssd
- Power supply - and what size
- Anything else you can think of.
- I am very familiar with linux and can run anything, if you have a different recommendation than Mint, either performance or compatibility please let me know
I already have a keyboard and mouse, and plan to run Linux Mint as the OS.
For monitor I was thinking of waiting for the ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ I believe this is the new monitor with 144 Hz 4k. Unless someone has a better suggestion
Not too concerned with Price more interested in performance, But was thinking around $3000
I am planing to build this some time in August or early September.
I was also looking into getting a second GPIU and running windows in a VM.
What additional hardware should I look at? (I would look at adding this a bit latter)
Do I need 2 separate displays? If so I would look at two 27" monitors. ( recommendations please)
Building this in the US so price in US Dollars.