Need feedback on future PC build

Here is the build that I am planning on making by the end of May. It will be used for gaming and game design primarily. I am making this build so I have a good solid computer to last me through college thats also gonna be able to do what I need it to. I don't plan on doing any overclocking with this at all. I'm just wondering what others think about this setup. I'll probably be buying these parts as I get the money, hopefully as cheaply as I can get them. I know new stuff will be out by May but I think this setup will still be a solid one and hopefully the parts will drop in price by then. I am thinking about going with a different power supply because I'm not really sure if I need a 850W, I'm also deliberating on whether or not to get and SSD. I would love some input, thanks.

Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I VN700M1W2N Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Overseer RX-I VN700M1W2N Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Motherboard:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD
Newegg.com - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU:AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core
Newegg.com - AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4170FRGUBOX

Video Card: MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7770
Newegg.com - MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Power Supply:XION AXP-850K14XE 850W ATX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80+ Bronze Modular Power Supply
Newegg.com - XION AXP-850K14XE 850W ATX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80+ Bronze Modular Power Supply

Monitor:Undecided

Hard drive:Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s
Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s at TigerDirect.com

going to be brutally honnest here, that is absolutly terrible, for one you spent more money on your motherboard than you did GPU, and your case is more expensive than your CPU THE CORE OF YOUR COMPUTER. the FX qaud core isn't really a qaud core its a dual core with amd's "answer to hyper threading".  even though its  80+ I still wouldn't trust that brand of PSUs

GPU comparison

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=647

CPU comparison, this is the 8 core FX against the Sandybridge version of the CPU I choose and its STILL losing (bulldozer is that bad really)

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=288

CPU

Heatsink (reccommneded)

MoBo/Ram

Case/PSU

GPU

HDD

its litterally twice as fast, probably more

if you want something As fast as the build you posted but cheaper I can do that too

Theres over a hundred dollar difference between the build I've been working on and the one you have suggested, I honestly have no money at the moment and I'm going to be scrounging for money to get a new PC. My budget may end up (hopefully) being around $750

751 without 3rd party heatsink

CPU/Mobo

Ram

GPU

Case/PSU

HDD

its still about twice as fast

promo code EMCNBHG23  -$8

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=547

I'm wanting to stick with a full ATX so I have plenty of room for upgrading, plus I'm wanting to stick with AMD. I'll revise my build and post it later.

I would go for a Intel based computer like gigabusterEXE recommends but I did throw together a few parts if you prefer AMD.

Case NZXT Phantom $100
RAM CORSAIR XMS3 8GB $40
Mobo ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ $115
CPU
AMD FX-8120 $160
GPU DIAMOND Radeon HD 7850 2GB $190
PSU SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W $90
HDD the one gigabusterEXE linked $90

But by next May these lists might look very different, you should probably not choose your parts until you are actually gonna get them.

Just a thought: If you are scraping up money to build it, are you really going to have money to ugrade it?

agreed there are always like 2 day deals on newegg, come back here a day or two before you buy everything, chances are the list then will be even better than they are now, and you'll want to buy everything at once, it would suck if you got a DOA part and didn't know it and the warrenty was over

I agree, the "I'm going to upgrade it later" mentaility never works out even when you usally have the funds. Build a well balenced system from the start and you won't have to upgrade for a while. 

Also I'm more of an AMD guy, though in this current market FX is a waste, and I assume Piledriver will be the around the same. Go for a Intel i3, or i5. You'll be a lot happier in the end. If Piledriver turns out to be a competeing platform with SB and IB then I would say go for AMD but right now it's kind of bad.

Eventually I will have moeny for upgrades

its pretty sad when intels celeron chips are getting higher FPS in games the FX 8150

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=404