Need building advice for my budget Ryzen System

It will blow its doors off… :joy:

For a really tight budget the new 3300 is very compelling … hanging with the 3600.

1 Like

I keep the 3200MHz CL16 for now. I can always sell it and get better RAM if I feel it limits my (gaming)experience.
The GPU will be the 8GB XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Core and RAM is the 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB now.
Mainboard and CPU is still the same.
Still need to research the Storage I want. Maybe I get a 256GB NVMe and a slower but bigger SATA SSD for games and bigger files.
Edit: I get the WD Blue SN550 i guess.

1 Like

Okay final build so far:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Replaced due to coilwhine.
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
  • 8GB XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Core
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (3200MHz CL16)
  • 500GB WD Blue SN550 M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC

All of that costs me 670,89€ which is around 725 USD.

Will order within the next 3 hours and do some more research on all of that. I keep that list Updated if anything changes.

Will also order some additional fans for my case to keep everything cool.

Thank you all for your help so far! Stay healthy!

UPDATE1: Just ordered everything. Thank you guys! I’m so excited!

UPDATE2: See my Update Post

1 Like

Nice =)

1 Like

Good choices. Keep an eye on the 3600X, sometimes its about the same price as the 3600. I run 32gb of ram and have seen it run at 16 used all the time. Its great to have more than 16b for any uses other than light tasks. I would buy SSDs based on what you need now and then upgrade later. Its easy to save money now and upgrade your SSD later.

1 Like

Hey. Thought I give you all an update. All the parts arrived on tuesday.
It worked out of the box. My BIOS was already the latest version so no update.

Went with PopOS because I wanted to test everything before I spend days to configure my arch. Also had some work to do. So far so awesome. Might even replace my archlinux.

Thought I use my 500W PSU since the other one I had was still in use. Had some serious coil whine so I updated to a totally overpowered 1200W PSU for now. Coil whine mostly gone. only under load but I guess this won’t damage anything right?
Ordering a 650W PSU next month. Coil whine comes from the VRM region. Stopped all the fans by hand (I know, I know) to make sure it wasn’t just a broken fan.

Boxed cooler sounds like a lawnmower. Might be broken but I ordered a cheap beQuiet cooler because it was so annoying.

Best decision to get 32GB RAM. I haven’t even set everything up properly and I’m already using 13GB. (Thanks to electron)
Maybe I buy two additional sticks in a month or two. Having two to three VMs always running for testing stuff is such a treat.

I am very surprised how easy and flawless gaming on linux is nowadays. Just a minor issue in WoW where the client does not catch my mouse properly but there might be a fix somewhere.

I am super happy! Thank you all guys! I’ll stick around and see if I also can help somewhere. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Just ordered another Mainboard for a bit more than the MSI. (ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING). After replacing the loud AMD Fan the coil-whine became the main source of unbearable noise in my case. I would’ve got the same one as a replacement but the shop was out of stock and offered me a refund instead.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.