Need a good KVM switch

Hey all. I’ve been thinking of trying to get a good KVM switch so I can easily switch between my PC and laptop. Here’s what I have for setup:

Peripherals:

1 x 2560x1440@144Hz monitor
1 x 1920x1080@144Hz monitor
1 x Keyboard
1 x Mouse
1 x USB 3.0 hub

PC 1:
Windows PC

PC 2:
Laptop

Anyone have any suggestions on a KVM switch that can display those monitors at that refresh rate? A nice to have would be a third PC hookup that can handle a single monitor hookup for a Raspberry Pi 4 or a Nintendo Switch Console (not the USB ports for the Switch though).

Those monitors dp1.2 or 1.4?

If 1.4 want to buy a wildly expensive 1.4 prototype? :smiley:

6 Likes

Insert evil Wendell laughing gif

1 Like

Uhhh, define ‘wildly expensive’. I don’t mind paying for quality, but may need to save for a bit before buying lol

Also, DisplayPort 1.2 for both

If they’re dp1.2 then store.level1techs.com :smiley:

3 Likes

Saved. The 4-Port Dual Monitor is what I’m looking for, and honestly not THAT much more expensive than anything else I’ve seen. Will be likely picking this up in the coming month. Gonna be posting a followup with how well it handles the switching :slight_smile:

Hi @wendell I got 2 Dell 3415wb (DP 1.2, 60 Hz) and an ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q (DP 1.2, 144Hz). Would I go for the 1.2 DP KVM? It looks like they are all sold out.

the 1.2 kvms will be back in stock this week. is this 2560x1440? 120hz is safer but 144hz might work with good cables. Otherwise probably fine

Yes, it is the 2560x1440. Thanks.

1.2 kvms back in stock!

3 Likes

Ordered, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.