[This Is Copy a Pasted Post From Another (un-named) Tech Site, It Is However Still Mine]
Disclaimer: i am in need of an ENTIRE setup, meaning i need, in addition to the case and internals, a monitor, mousepad, keyboard, mouse, and OS. i have compiled mouse, keyboard, and OS
here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ecnu so start from that please.
1. What country do you live in?
2. What stores do you plan on buying parts from? Some sites don't ship to certain countries.
3. What your PC will be used for? Describe what you will use your PC ie: gaming, video editing, paper weight etc.
Gaming, and some light video editing(for youtube lets play and montages.)
4 What is your budget? Give the range you are willing to spend pre-tax and pre-shipping.
base it mostly off my bare needs as you can (at bottom in "resolution/settings" thingy), i guess you guys needed a budget to set a "maximum price range" so keep the whole setup at or under $1500 while attempting to keep all individual parts under $215-$220 MAX but definitely keep it a little higher than as low as possible that can meet my needs, you don't have to build it to exactly ping the budget, budget is only there as an overhead limit, meet the needs as cheaply as possible, if i need to go more in depth on needs so it's easier notify me. i hate only going by budget because butget could be WAY higher or WAY lower than the needs, that's why i almost never use a "budget based" thought process for this type of stuff, i always use a "needs based" one, i hope this is more understandable now.
5. If you have a brand preference. Declare your fan-boyism ie Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc. Don't worry we won't judge.
i prefer g.skill or corsair ram, corsair antec or seasonic PSU's, and Seagate or WD hard drives. MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, and Asrock mobos only
6. Is there anything you can keep from your old rig? Ie: monitor, psu, etc.
earbuds, cheap mic, 2.0 speakers
7. Will you overclock it or run at stock? If you are going to OC how far to you want to go?
probably run it stock unless it can be overclocked, then it would only be a light to light-moderate overclock
8. What resolution do you use (ex:1920x1080, 1680X1050) and what game setting to do prefer (high, med, low)?
1920X1080 medium settings @ 40FPS solid (BF3 specs for running MP) other modern/intensive games i will play are planetside 2, arma2/dayz, etc. basically i wanna run modern and upcoming games at 40fps average @ medium settings 1920X1080, and not have to upgrade for 2 years(i wanna have an upgrade schedule of every 2 years and that doesn't mean upgrade the entire system)
also here is a link to my Mousepad thread on this forum, so a mousepad can be factored in.