Need a 7 meters (23 feet) cable for 4k at 60hz. Possible?

My situation atm is that I have my rig ~7 meters from my monitor. And for at least a year or so, I have no way to put the machine closer to the monitor.

My monitor atm is LG 34UM95-C 21:9 UltraWide (3440 x 1440), but I am thinking of getting a 4K monitor or a TV (to be used as monitor).

Question: is there anything out there, like a good DisplayPort cable, at least 7 meters long, to support 4K at 60Hz?
I tried to look, but could not find anything...

Thanks in advance for any help.

25 foot hdmi and displayport cables aren't exactly hard to come by in the states. They are typically in stock on Amazon. I don't know where you live, but I would imagine that they shouldn't be hard to find where you live either.

At that length you will need a repeater/booster they are not unreasonably priced 40 to 70 EUR. Or you drop 100-200 EUR for one of those optical 5m+ cables.

I have my monitor connected with a 10M hdmi cable it drop out at 1080p 60Hz FULL RGB 12 Bit, but FULL RGB 8 Bit works just fine.

If you find anything let me know. I am looking for the exact same 7m Displayport cable.I have my machine in the basement.

@1920.1080p.1280.720p That's the thing - none of them support 4K at 60Hz or even 3440 x 1440 at 60p

I think I need to try HDMI cables. Reading the reviews this one should work at 25 feet:

Because long DisplayPort cables do not support higher resolutions at 60Hz:

@alphazero1990 Heh.. $149 for a cable... nahh... :slight_smile:

Yep that's why the optical or the repeaters are the only option if your stuck with DP. I don't think those long cables can even support Full RGB or higher bit panels.

from this article.

the DisplayPort 1.2 standard. New active cables being introduced will allow video connections to stretch up 100 feet

So you need an active cable that is least DP >=1.2

1 Like

Now the general 4K monitor and 4K TV are less than 60HZ refresh rate, only 4K movie machine to achieve.For example, SONY has 60HZ 4K movie machine.

$40 for a 50 foot HDMI 2.0 w/ethernet cable seems pretty reasonable

You just need HDMI 2.0, like mentioned above. I had assumed that you knew that. It isn't hard to come by. Same thing for Displayport 1.2.

1 Like

I can recommend that cable, I have it and does well.

Only reason why I stuck with DP is because that was the question OP wanted answered, because I assumed that he was only using a DP, if he goes the HDMI route he will need an adapter.

Thanks for suggestions, guys