NCIX builds AMAZING budget Build

Not that long I assume, oh, isn't AM4 coming out soon, makes me regret getting FM2 for the ITX build since I could have had an upgrade path to Zen.

I dunno about that, personally I was running an A10 5800k for like 2 years before I even got a GPU, glad I went with that over a Pentium

far as FM2 ITX, that makes the most sense with a very specific build, like in one of the NUC sized cases or something like that, the cost of those ITX boards puts you into i3 territory

REKT

2 Likes

Last i knew there was no upgrade path to Zen since it requires a new chipset/mb

1 Like

That should only be for the OEM stuff, they'd need a BIOS flash for Zen

Good old Scott Watson. Miss his gpu reviews.

To be fair to them, the guy said that parts they used were the ones they had in stock at the time of filming. So maybe their store just sucks and that crap is all they have to work with?

1 Like

Some places you can get a 7850 or 7870 for close to the same price.(via CPU/MB combo)
A year later or so you upgrade and have a nice second PC

the studio is attached to a warehouse iirc

Bristol Ridge is right before Zen and features AM4, which can be upgraded to Zen, unfortunately, most of the Bristol Ridge stuff is OEM only I think

Basically can not count on real support. Which makes it less useful for the average person and more of nerd niche if an oem decides to do so. Problematic at best.