Navi Reset Bug Kernel Patch v2

Well then that is understandable. Still weird why it did reset that one time and not the other times. If you need me to run more test let me know, I might find a few free minutes to do so!

BTW: gnifs patch did work for my card, I do not know if this is in any way relevant to you.

Thanks for you contribution and this works perfectly on my ASUS RX 5700 XT! However I find that the GPU is no longer turned off after the VM was shutdown as it had before. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.

Bump - This patch and all other kernel pathes for vega/navi on this website are now obsoleted by the vendor-reset project:

3 Likes

Good idea, making a kernel module from the patch. Comes a bit to late, I spent many hours today, to build a custom Fedora 33 kernel with the reset bug v2 applied (but at least I know now, how to build a custom kernel). It works very nice, I can start my vm with a radeon rx 5500 xt as often as I want, and always get video. But I still have a problem, thats, why I am posting here. After starting the vm a second time, my hdmi audio is gone (code 10 in a windows vm). Is there still some code missing for the audio part, or do I simply have to find out the device id of the audio part, and add it to the list of Navi devices ?

Audio resets are not part of this work and there is now zero support for these patches, please migrate to vendor-reset