Navi and Zen 2 Launching in Q3

yeah thats what it looked like from the photos they showed earlier

My guess is atm

4.5ghz 12 cores
neural net v2
same ram perf to 2000

Yes, but not a priority because I still have a perfectly working computer.

3 Likes

NO!

just consume product, then get excited for next product

2 Likes

Not quite, this is confirmed information directly from AMD.

scuse me, speculation thread

Zen 2 for sure, tough AMD has been pushing this release so not sure if I just go with Zen+ at this point.

Navi not so much, my 1060 is still more than enough for me. Linux support on AMD cards is allegedly better, but I can live with Nvidia card for now.

bout 13 asterisks here, really depends on your priorities

I might get a Navi card if perf/watt is better than Turing. If not I’ll wait to see what GPU Intel drops next year.

1 Like

Im very excited for Zen 2, meh for Navi. In October I’m at the track for over a week so that would be a PERFECT time to take the box to my builder and install new motherboard, CPU and SSD’s. So hopefully by then all the new shit will be out and vetted… which I think it will with a July launch.

Navi, that’s another story, I need something that makes it worth to get off my 1080Ti and buy a new freesync monitor. I’m not sure AMD is going to give me the 15 to 20% performance increase to make it worth it.

I am sorry tkoham The way I read your last post I thought you were talking about all Zen processors and Navi.

nah just the new release stuff

I thought Navi wasn’t until Q4…guess they decided to release it early.

Also no, Vega was not out until October 2017 if I recall so Q3 would still be less than two years, I know Vega was late and all of that.

Damn though, I was hoping Intel would have Ice Lake ready as it has a nice iGPU.

WCCFTech…really…

Lesson learned the hard way with Ryzen Mobile. It was a royal screwup.

I might opt for those 2-in-1s with Intel+Vega but the Dell one has no USB Type-A ports for reasons I cannot even begin to comprehend and it pisses me off tbh. And I don’t like HP that much at all. After all, the current laptop giving me shit with Linux is an HP.

Wonder if they put Vii in place to fix a silicon issue and now double down to deliver good drivers at launch :thinking:

I’ve also read that the new Ryzen 3000 series might get released in Q3.
And new TR in Q4.
But yeah those are all still rumours basically.

I hope they at lease announce TR information when they do Ryzen 3000

2 Likes

I bet they won’t but the TR 3K is coming and the new IO chip might get it working on windows even.

1 Like

Boo gotta be optimistic

1 Like