Nano machines or bio machines the future?

I have always thought the next step from silicon will be biologic computer or special bio-machine to miniaturise further down our technology. Perhaps even the key to general AI.

This video just reminding me again on how complex a machine we are for our power usage.

2 Likes

Different tools, different applications, different pros and cons.

Biomachines really don’t do anything mechanical. For instance bio machines wont cut or drill something. They also can’t relay video or audio. And probably most importantly, they can’t be guided or precisely controlled.

Nano machines on the other hand can’t interface with organic compounds or tissue at the molecular level the same way a bio machine could.

I actually don’t think one will overshadow the other. I do not think its physically possible to be able to make a bio machine that can do everything a nano machine can do, and vice versa.

I will say that I think nano bots will definitely be more prolific because nanobots can be applied in almost every field of science and industry where as biomachines are generally reserved for the medical space.