Na

NA post Could not delete

The Pi is ARM based. The Android x86 version wouldn't work on it and isn't a standard Android release.

From what I understand, the only really functional Android for the Pi is RaspAnd, which only works on Pi 2 and 3. These are ARMv7 vs the ARMv6 architecture of the original Pi and other variants (A+, Zero, Zero W). That version of Android is not free of cost, although it appears you can get free upgrades after buying it.

You might be able to hunt down a few beta builds out there capable of a few tasks (including possibly older versions from the link above, if they still have them), but my understanding is that the SoC used on the original Pi just isn't capable of running a proper Android install or function anywhere near like it would on a phone of the same vintage. Add to that the newer Pi's with better hardware for the same price and I'm guessing people like Exton aren't bothering to put any more effort into the older hardware.

I follow a lot of small hardware tech, so there may be a better board out there that has a good Android solution for you if you explain what it is you want it to do. Plenty of other boards out there have free Android downloads available (Odroid, Orange Pi, FriendlyElec), as well as the sea of set-top boxes that are in the same price range as a Pi, and many of them work pretty well. CNX-Software is the site I get most of my ARM based information from if you want to dig in there and learn more.