My week just went from 2/10 to 17/10

A short moment ago I was called and informed that I was allowed access to a 12 X 12 X 10 ft storage unit of computer parts and associated items. The people hadn't paid their rent in a year so the place was put up for hiatus until they paid. No access. They never called, never anything, and so some of my close friends bought a block of units for their antique shop only to find that the units still had things in them. This unit I have access to has things even new in box. If its the store I am thinking of, I may even have a shot at Dreamcasts and PS4's.

Though, now I feel bad as I have a feeling in the bottom of my gut that I will have a brand new computers, a fleet even, for free and the super kind offers from @B.Jay and others of sending me mobos and stuff like that is going to go fruitless... Though, if parts do arrive I will definitely use them, or, sell them and send money back.

@B.Jay thats for you to decide.

So, tomorrow I am going to go through a holy shit load of stuff. I'll post images and if theres so many of one item I will open a WTS thread of all the stuff I cannot do anything with.

Excited!

Also, knowing the town I live in, theres going to be a fuck load of apple stuff. So, I'll even break the bank here.

10 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Crap...

2 Likes

I could use a server rack, if that happens to exist in that place.

1 Like

as an addendum to that:

ooooo if its remotely new

interesting

1 Like

If its the store I am thinking of there will be servers and no rack. They ran an internet service out of a closet in the basement of their building with no ventilation and just threw shit on a table. I will indeed let you know, though.

yea this is what my work is doing, they just stuff computers in a closet and called it good. I am hoping to fix it but at a lower cost compared to buying a server rack new.

1 Like

3 Likes

yes... I want.... but am poor lol. Looking forward to see what you find

Ill be waiting, waiting.... I want some shit.

1 Like

I will be watching this closely.

Could definitely use some server parts. I'll keep an eye out. Best of luck!

1 Like

Ooooh I'm interested

Definitely let me know if you come across a Mac Mini I've wanted one for awhile to get to learn the OS better but never could justify spending the money on it even for the used ones so if you happen to come across one let me know thanks

1 Like

2 Likes

If there any switches let me know.

Hell yeah

Obligatory:

3 Likes

I woke up at five AM thinking about this shit. I leave at 12.

I'm partially scared that my life is going to add a fallout 4 item interface and then it'll zoom me out to my chair playing fallout and none of this is real. Knowing my luck that will happen.

3 Likes

Well now its back down to a four. The guy who owned this storage unit apparently worked industrial level stuff for dish, oil companies, had an online store, looks like he bought guns too, and ended up filing for bankruptcy and is i. jail. not what I thought it would be, but interesting shit eother way. Will report later.

2 Likes