My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom?

PC: Aorus AD27QD

AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING

Msi 2080 Ti Gaming

2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP

9700K STOCK

Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then…i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.

What tripped breaker? Halogen Bulb or Seasonic psu of my pc?

Like i said pc working normally after that outage.But i am worried about my psu.

Thx for helping me. I am not cooled down.

if it was mine, that fact it’s seasonic and titanium would lead make me think bulb. not sure i’d be worried about such a beef cake ass solid chonker muscle boi PSU

Ok then. Why i ask about Seasonic?

7 months ago my monitor ( psu/fuse inside monitor ) get damaged and tripped breaker. PC was fine. I rma monitor and shop exchanged psu inside monitor.

Thats why i ask about Seasonic now. Pc psu is not the same like monitor psu?

So propably coincedence that in both incidents i had Seasonic Psu?

We used to have halogen bulbs in out kitchen and whenever one would blow it would trip that light circuit. So it is not unheard of.

So propably coincedence that in both incidents i had Seasonic Psu?

I mean for us if did not take out anything else as they were totally separate. So nothing else was going to go with it. But if your on one circuit then yeah I would not point fingers at the PSU. Right away.

so psu is fine?Seasonic 750-TX

Use it a while longer and keep an eye out. I would be fine running it.

So first time it was psu in monitor ,second time halogen bulb then?

power surge? how good is your home’s grounding? i lost some TV’s and graphics cards the other year during “storm season”, i’ll be upgrading the grounding on my home by adding more ground rods in the future.

Weather was normal and with monitor it happened in late night, 7 months ago. With bulb it happened 2 weeks ago in day. No storm,weather normal. I dont it was power surge.

I’d swap out the halogen bulbs for some led ones instead. Save some power, and see if it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got a Kil-A-Watt and a PSU tester?

But likely its the bulb.

Power supplies (and really anything with large capacitors) would typically have slow start circuitry that prevents current inrush from the grid when turning on and then these capacitors would dampen any osculations/noise.

More likely to be a lightbulb, but also if a lightbulb can cause your fuse to trip something is likely wrong with your wiring.

There’s no normal rate how often fuses “should trip” in a home wired well for how it’s being used.

Something no one has mentioned yet is the breakers themselves. They don’t last forever. If it becomes a regular occurrence for the same one to trip then you might consider swapping that one for another in the panel as a test.

Your PSU is not a likely cause as it’s just not big enough to cause issues, and still be in good working order there after. Even if it somehow was the cause, it shouldn’t trip 2 breakers. That’s 2 separate circuits.

The other thing to consider is the type of breaker. I get the feeling English isn’t your first language so you might be somewhere they use arc fault or ground fault breakers. If that’s the case then you could have a wiring issue in the circuit that’s caused your trip.

I wouldn’t be concerned about a single event, but if it keeps happening you should investigate.

2 Likes

literally just had to do this with a breaker that was only 10 years old because it had a high load on it. 15/20 amp breakers tend to wear out quick with PCs on them.

1 Like

Let me point out that your pc and the lightbulb in your bathroom should not even be on the same circuit if your home is even kind of wired to code.

2 Likes

Place was probably built when the only conceivable appliances that would be plugged in there were a lamp or a phonograph.

it was propably halogen bulb burned tripped breaker?not Seasonic?

wiring issue?how? During whole 12 months in my house dont had any single breaker trip. Wiring its fine. If wiring is bad why it not tripped breaker during whole last year?