My power supply went and died

So I bought a Corsair AXi Series, AX1200i, 1200 Watt for my new build last month 7/2/19. When I cam home yesterday there was no power to my system, and the red led was on the power supply’s internal fault I plugged in my psu tester and the only power out of any line was the +5vsb line none of the others ever flickered.

As of last night I have contacted amazon and will be receiving an replacement. by 9/15/19.

I had thought corsair had better QC than this, or at least dealing with platinum rated power supply’s.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss. Do you get to keep the unit? If so you could open it up and see what went wrong.

3 Likes

Amazon sent me a shipping label to send back the dead one or I would. I just hope that when the psu failed it didn’t take out anything important. I’d hate to replace my two Xeon E5 2699 V4 That would suck.

3 Likes

Those ratings generally don’t tell me really much tbh.
Those ratings just stand for a certain efficiency number at a certain load.
Nothing more nothing really less.

it’s no guarantee that a Platinum psu lives longer then a Bronze one for example.
It’s generally just more efficient.

1 Like

Got my replacement psu. No damage to my system thank god. Running well after a week.

6 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

it’s all luck. my corsair cx has been going for 6 years now.

Did you have any surge protection or ups on the unit?

surge protector always

APC Ups connected at all times

Well that probably rules out bad power. No fun to have a power supply fail, especially an expensive one, but I’m glad the rest of your system wasn’t destroyed.

Still pretty lucky, my friend’s however wasn’t, his psu died shortly after a new build and took the Gtx 1070 down with it.