Soon i will be building a new PC to replace what i have now. This is my current hardware:
- Pentium [email protected] Hyperthreaded singlecore
- 1.5Gb Random sticks of RAM
- Nvidia Geforce 8800GT (the only decent old hardware)
- Some 80GB hard drive laying on my desk at the time.
- Coolermaster GXLite 500W (new in anticipation of current build)
- Samsung SyncMaster 2343bw (2048x1152 FTW!!!(1080p game in a window is awesome))
Soon i will be getting:
- i5-3570(not K) @3.4 GHz 4 cores £160
- 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB DDR3-1600MHz 9-9-9-24 £36.19
- MSI Z77A-G41 £63.19
- Seagate Barracuda 500 GB £34
- Coolermaster HAF 912 £50
Have i forgotten anything. I will be getting a silent cooler after the date but i don't think my budget will allow this at the time. Am i right in thinking thermal paste will come with the cpu?
Obviously i will be keeping the 8800GT, screen and the PSU.
Also - having heard of the Xbox 720 and the Steam box - will this acctually be very futureproof when the xbox has that quad core quad hyperthreaded CPU and when the super customisable steam box comes out and will this be a massive blow to the cheap custom pc...