My PC badly needs more RAM and I would appreciate some recomendations

HI guys, I have had my current PC for about 2 years now and it still has decent specs but it is in need of some upgrades. I have already ordered a GTX 680 to replace the GTX 480(which just died) but it only has 6GB of RAM...yes I know, which is why I need more. I currently have an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard with 6GB of Corsair XMS3 Memory. I noticed on ASus' website that the motherboard has 6 ports but only supports a max of 24GB of RAM. Is this a hard limit and what would putting more than 24GB of RAM into the machine do?

I am looking at purchasing the 32GB of Corsair XMS3 RAM kit if the machine will suport 32GB but if not (or if you think somerthing else would be better) I would appreciate your recomendation.

Relevant specs regarding memroy from the ASus website:

6 x DIMM, Max. 24GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Triple Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

What're you doing that you'd need 32G of ram!? Just get 2 x 8Gb sticks and then once you upgrade your motherboard get 2 more. But really, 16Gb is plenty unless your doing some hardcore shit. But for average gaming etc that's more than enough.

6GB is more then enough for gaming...

Are you doing cad?

If not 6... hell, even 4 gigs is just fine.

just get 3 1 gig sticks.... 9 gigs of ram FTW

8gb is recomended 16 gb is good 32 gb is over kill these are all for dual channel boards and thus are multiples of 2

6gb is min 12gbis recomended 24gb is over kill these are for triple channel boards like yours and thus are multiples of 3

Just get 6 sticks of 4gb 1600 totaling 24gb it will be pleanty.