My Own PC Concept (And what could be better)

Hi forums! I've been watching Tek Syndicate for over half a year at least, and basically what really brought me into the world of PC gaming. Well that and the Steam summer sale, but pushing that aside, it's also inspired me to custom concept build a PC. I've done my fair share of research, and I think that I've put together a pretty good build. Although I wouldn't consider actually getting this without some experienced people like all you guys! Anyways I put all of this together on PCPartPicker, and what came from a 1.5K budget stayed, but keep in mind this is a concept, not necessarily a reality.

Short and Sweet: Recommend what I could get and/or replace to make it better for the money. Please! (Magic words always work)

Anyways thanks for anyone's help!

EDIT ON THE EDIT ON THE EDIT: I give up here's the updated barely under 1.5K build.

Link to Part List: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1M5PQ

Total: $1498.45

Part List Without Using Beautiful Link:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($48.96 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Corsair Vengeance MM200 Standard Edition Gaming Mouse Mat ($16.92)
Other: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Platinum Edition ($99.99)
Other: Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter ($16.13)

I just realized my copy paste didn't work properly, so here's a more pretty one. Also I should mention that this part compilation is EVERYTHING that I would want for a PC, not just the computer itself. Without all the extra stuff, the actual computer is around $1,400-$1,500. Thanks for looking btw! :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.75 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme9 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($295.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB (Black) ATX Desktop Case ($87.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.87 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G500 Wired Laser Mouse ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Koss PortaPro Headphones ($35.98 @ Amazon)
Mouse Pad: Corsair Vengeance MM200 Standard Edition Gaming Mouse Mat ($16.92)
Microphone: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Platinum Edition ($99.99)
Pop Filter: Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter ($16.13)
Webcam: Logitech HD Portable 1080p Webcam C615 with Autofocus ($42.61)
Total: $1860.09

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1IhxG

When your motherboard cost $100 more than your cpu there's an issue. The Radeon 7970 smokes the Gtx 760, but I would wait for Amd to release there new Gpu's.

I have to say, for a first build, this is not all that bad. However, I strongly recommend that you wait for the new AMD GPUs to come out before you decide anything.

I give up on making it look pretty JUST CLICK THE LINK :D

I'll take your advice and wait and see any new GPU's by AMD. Since I am a pretty beginner PC builder, I kind of looked for just the best option I could find and think of. I'm pretty sure you took my original build and made it better, but the Cooler Master case was the main thing I centered my concept build around, but I'll consider this build too, because it looks amazing. I took a look at the GPU, and it looks amazing, especially with that 3 free game offer. Thanks for your feedback!

Like I said on the last post, I'll wait and see if anything amazing comes from AMD and their GPU. Besides, this is more of a concept-type dealio so I'm not exactly getting it now, so I have some time till half of this could come a reality. Thanks for your feedback!

Why would you waste so much money on the mobo, the premium youre paying wont make your hardware perform or overclock better. the 200 extra dollars go into features like 4 way sli, lots of ports and the blingtastic look. The psu is also a massive overkill, you could run 3 of those pcs with that.

Also I was looking for a motherboard with built in WiFi, unless anyone goes against it and would prefer getting a network card. I would probably hook this PC up with Ethernet, but more of a just in case type of thing and if something goes wrong.

Honestly, I picked it for the built in WiFi, and I just realized that mistake a few moments ago. Also my knowledge on PC building has just started to flourish, so I'm pretty sure I'm in that phase where pricier means better, which sucks. I mean I'm definitely open for your personal favorites that would be compatible with the parts I already have. Thanks for the feedback!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Iipm

and were back to 1500$, i went with a overclockable haswell cpu, but if you dont want that option you could save some more money of course. I assume you want to game with the pc, if you use professionell software you might need the 760 for cuda or could make use of the faster ram. Only you know how much storage you need of course, but if you just have some games and do browsing, word etc you could grab an inexpensive 840 ssd with 250 gb storage and get another ssd in a year or two when they are cheaper and you actually need the storage.

Personally i find 21.5 inch a little small for a monitor, maybe you can look at some in a store and decide whats best.

After measuring my own monitor with a tape measure i found it to be 22 inches so I might look into getting a bigger one. I love how you shaved down $300 so easily, but about the psu, are you sure that it would last? I tried finding credible reviews or really anything on it, so I'm guessing you have experience with it. Also I would want my psu to have 750 watts just for the future, in case i decide to add anything else. This is a gaming rig, so I would like some storage for that and school stuff.

But either way, a potato just saved me 300$ dollars of overpaying.  

Oh and do you have any headphone recommendations under 50$? Just wondering because I've been hearing a lot about how gaming headphones are not worth the money, so I plan on getting a USB mic with a headphones. Thanks for helping :D

Audiotechnica m30s should be around 50, but there are several good ones of course.

You could spend 100+$ to make your pc ready to use several high end gpus in the future, but generally if people do that they never use it. Using more than one gpu has several drawbacks, for example you will not get 2x of the gpu Power and there are still issues with many games. Gpus are advancing so fast that you are better of selling your gpu and getting a newer, better one in most cases.

The EVGA PSU has 480w on the 12 v rail, thats more than enough for overclocking the cpu + a titan and running a dozen usb teacup heaters or whatever you do with it.

Alright thanks for your help amazing potato man!

UPDATE: New build design still around 1.5 K but probably are changing headphones.

Part List:  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1M5t3

ANOTHER EDIT: Decided I have earbuds so got rid of headphones.

Update of Updated List: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1M5JK