My Next Upgrade: R5 1400 or 8370

Non taken…

Well, there’s the difference between 120$ and 300$…
I was counting on the APUs, but they are excavator with Fury architecture graphics, only 512 stream processors… It’s weaker than RX 550… Way weaker…

I’m not suggesting you get an R7 the Ryzen 5 1600 is only $200… Even the 4 core Ryzen are better. It still makes more sense to go AM4 than buying into a dead socket. You’ll have to change your motherboard anyway.

Raven Ridge zen apus won’t be here until next year in desktops

Btw if you’re saying 8300+Mobo for $120 I’d stay away. That motherboard is prob total junk and would barely be able run the 8300 stock let alone overclocked.

300$ for the cheapest R3 (109$) with board for about 100$ and ram for about 80-90$…
On the other hand I can get cheap ass 8300 and gigabyte 970 UD3P for about 120$ both.

Yeah no still would go for it. Would still go Ryzen.
Seriously you may need to wait but it would be worth it

1 Like

50% difference in IPC.
And Noctua will give you the bracket for free.

Actually, new problem. Had some expenses crop up that I need to take care of first… I think I’ll do like an 8320E or something and just deal with the clocks, get that used 990FX board I’ve been watching, then when I get to ryzen I need a physical server box and I’ll use it for that.

I am repeating myself so I make this my last post here. If someone asks me if it is worth it to buy into an AMD FX system for anything more than precisely zero money, my answer is no. Regardless of whatever is going on in someones life or wallet, I would not recommend to spend any amount of money on AM3+ today. And I, personally, would not spend any money on something like that either.

I would look for something used, sandybridge, complete systems, anything else than FX. Because that might retain some of it’s minimal value. FX won’t. You are literally buying something worthless.

2 Likes

Delet This

1 Like