My new XFX 4890 1gb ... :)

ITS HERE! check out the unboxing after this videos done (just click first video to the right) ...a great card that i'll be benching with games and such...mobo upgrade is next....looking at the Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P ...the cheapest SB750 and seems to be a good overclocker..not really interested in the whole "turn your 720 into a 940"

PROS:

-really FAST!(significant upgrade over my 8800GT which was also made by XFX)

-Free $50 game (HAWX) not my thing but real nice graphics and easy to get into

-Looks!(my favorite sticker on the new 90's with ASUS coming in at a close second)

-Runs real cool with panel off and 50% fan speed (see cons)

-Good drivers with CD(seems to be an ATI problem for awhile,been reading)

CONS:(not really for me)

-not an XT? (i can make it an XT easily)

-NOW i know why people call 4800's blowdryers and vacuums lol (may be a big turnoff for some)

-strange issue possibly driver related...in CCC it says i have 2 monitors? im running only 1,(hasn't affected any thing i do so far so whatever)

-UT3 is still F*ked up and i really thought it would work...8800GT had the same problem as well so no hard feelings on the card...

____________________________________________THE BOTTOM LINE__________________________

my only ati card purchase before this was an x1950 pro that sucked hard!..

i was a little skeptical when i ordered this but everything has been an awesome XFXperience with ATI so far...red looks lovable again and has made a place for itself in the chest of my case...

9/10 (would've been 11 if UT3 worked)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30KT9nNg04

nice

i expected an unboxing...

i am very dissapointed i wanted an unboxing

I wanna see you play Crysis.

That's why you buy new video cards amirite?

ultracombo wrote 51 seconds ago »

I wanna see you play Crysis.

That's why you buy new video cards amirite?

yupp

@PATHOGEN

i'll be showing an "unboxing" later since someone else asked as well ...hmm now wears the anti static bag lol

@ULTRACOMBO

sure ultra...i actually did this upgrade to burn through UT3 at 1680x1050 with "MAX"....not even working and i guess CRYSIS is a must....

substancegamer wrote 26 minutes ago »

@PATHOGEN

i'll be showing an "unboxing" later since someone else asked as well ...hmm now wears the anti static bag lol

@ULTRACOMBO

sure ultra...i actually did this upgrade to burn through UT3 at 1680x1050 with "MAX"....not even working and i guess CRYSIS is a must....

you should have been able to burn through ut3 on max with an 8800gt.

Down with efx :D

substancegamer wrote 36 minutes ago »

@PATHOGEN

@ULTRACOMBO

I was kidding about Crysis.

spitesuicide wrote 7 minutes ago »

@PATHOGEN

@ULTRACOMBO

actually what i meant was i want a minimum frames of no less then 60 :)

4890 is a good card but I'd like a gtx 275 for two reasons. #1 physxs, #2 Nvidia 3D, #3 I have an Nvidia chipset. otherwise nice card and I hope ATI/AMD gets their drivers strait.

spitesuicide wrote 1 hour ago »

@PATHOGEN

@ULTRACOMBO

Yeah UT3 is not a demanding game at all. I can max it easily with my oc 3870.

i would much rather get the gtx 275

whats that song?

yes take it back

more games are using sex pyhsx

get your tiny penis a 275

then ull be happy

packet wrote 4 hours ago »

whats that song?

Kid Cudi - Day N Nite

urbanshaft wrote 4 hours ago »

yes take it back

more games are using sex pyhsx

get your tiny penis a 275

then ull be happy

i honestly dont see the big deal with "Physx",i also wanted to see what the "4800 turnaround" was about and it's great!....not everyone compensates for a tiny "dingalong" with a name similar too urbanshaft so they look elsewhere ;)

cool card but I would have gone with GTX 275

hikaruchan1 wrote 1 hour ago »

cool card but I would have gone with GTX 275

Before you do that, I recommend to give this a look:

>ATi

>XFX

[IMG]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/Fistacon/1238147997255.png[/IMG]

how is your XFX ATI card?

Mine is a piece of shit