My new mediocre Dell laptop

Too long didn’t read.

My uncle works for a networking company so he’s got loads of computers he uses for testing, I was at my grandmas house and he’s like let me grab my laptops. This dude comes in with 7 Macbook pros stacked onto each other and then walks in again with a shit ton of dell laptops.

He then says, “Matt one of them is broken, fix it and it’s yours.” Windows was corrupt, ended up reinstalling windows and everything was up and running great. I’m a big fan of Dell for one reason, they’re the go to when it comes to businesses. So these dell desktops and laptops end up getting sold in bulk when they’re done with them and then end up on ebay for cheap.

I needed a gaming machine a few months ago, an extra machine that’s pretty capable. After hunting ebay and 115 bucks later a dell machine with an i5 and 8gb of memory shows up at my door. I wish I knew about this when I was younger.

But anyway back to the laptop, so you can find this laptop online for under 200. It’s got an old core i5 and 8gb of ram. Which is a steal considering the fact that it’s not garbage. It’s great because it’s not going to chug with 10 chrome tabs open.

It’s mostly plastic, but it isn’t too chunky and walmart looking which I’m really happy about. I hate those chunky toshiba satellites that are terribly hollow.

But it helps so much that the trackpad is usable. When a trackpad isn’t usable it’s such a turn off. It makes me go fuck this thing, I’m not going to use it. Because if I need to hookup a mouse just to use it, what’s the point haha.

The battery life is more then acceptable. I never feel the need to lug the charger around 24/7.

Well anyway, I’m garbage at writing. Watch the video if you want and if you have any questions about this thing, let me know haha. Because this thing would make a great budget college laptop.

7 Likes

Most of my fellow students use those old Dell Latitude notebooks.
The biggest gripe many have with them is the position of the charge port and the plug then not beeing angled.

1 Like

Someone give this guy a review badge

4 Likes

It’s a bit odd honestly, but I like it though. I like how it has a USB port on the back too. Pretty nice when you want things out of the way on the desk.

2 Likes

I tend to work with these types of dell’s a lot, mostly e6420/30’s, they are really well built laptops. Lets just say most of my family owns one now lol.

yea…

4 Likes

Dude that’s absolutely hilarious. I thought my uncle was really hoarding them, their on the other hand drowning in them haha…

The Dell Latitude laptops are the closest imo anyone has ever gotten to IBM’s thinkpads. My old man used a D620 as a company-issued laptop for years and it never so much as hiccuped once. it was plugged in 24/7 and the battery was more or less ruined from it, but it still works. The D-series laptops are like if Thinkpads devoted a little more R&D to form rather than dumping it all into function and tank-ness.

1 Like

Dude, you’re getting a dell.

I just bought a dell precision m4500 for 100 bucks off ebay. After upgrading to a quad core, installing a ssd and replacing the battery all for 35 dollars I’m happy with what i got.

1 Like