My ssd "samsumg 840 pro 126gb" might be corrupted. some say it is my motherboard, The MBR is corrupted so it never boots in to the os. I don't know how to fix it. I know this is a bad explanation but help would be awesome. thank you for reading. :)
Probably just best to do a fresh WIndows install. Fixing things manually takes too long for my liking. lol
well if you have a windows install disk and you go to recovery console, you can write a new master boot record.(this option does not overwrite your patition table)
- Boot from your CD
- if install screen appears click on repair computer
- choose command prompt
- type: bootrec.exe /fixmbr
- if you get the message fixing was succesfull, then take out the cd and reboot and look if it boots again.
If it still not boots. then try to write a new boot sector to your system partition.
- Go back to the command prompt again, like in the previous steps again
- typ command bootrec.exe /fixboot
- if operation was succesfull, reboot and look again.
Still no succes..
Grtz Angel ☺
+1 Have used this method before with great success. Usually without having to re-install OS
Related question: if the Volume Boot Record is corrupted and needs to be fixed, will the OS load?
Then you probably need to do the second option, write a new boot sector to your system partition.