My heatsink looks REALLY small

I saw a friend's heatsink (Q6600) stock aswell, i'd say the fins are around 3.5cm tall where i would only rate mine as 2.2cm at the most... but then again i have a e7200, did i get a really queer heatsink or is it just the standard for a weaker CPU? skump you should know this.

OH man, you gotta get a new heasink.

I might sell you mine for a cheap price when I get a new one later this month.

I have a Zalman CNPS 8700 NT and some Cooler Master but I only have an AM2 mounting bracket for it.

Seriously, your stock cooler sucks, with a new cooler you can likely hit 4ghz no problem.

Maybe the quad gets a bigger heatsink because, well, it's a quad and 65nm.

You have a dual at 45nm.

pics, or no avail.

got my Dark Knight today im at 3.2ghz now and idling at 32c, Q6600. Awesome cooling get the Xigmatek S1283 for like 30 bucks performs sooo good

50CalPotato wrote 13 minutes ago »

I saw a friend's penis, i'd say the shaft is around 9000.5cm tall where i would only rate mine as 2.2cm at the most... but then again i have a small penis, did i get a really queer penis or is it just the standard for a weaker manpart? rice you should know this.

i know, i was just wondering. and prawn, that heatsink you suggested, its just the darkknight without paint right? but it doesn't come with a backplate, which i hear can be a problem...

yeah you can get the back plate, its like 10 bucks, and yeah its the DK with out black paint

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=25530AC5457&vpn=HDT-S1283&manufacture=Xigmatek

hmmm, you should check if they come with backplates now because buying that with a back plate is the same price as the DK

true, but do you think i could live with the push pins? anyway, im feeling too lazy to take the mobo out... or will this cooler damage my board?

actually, i think it would be more worthwhile for me to save up and get a 4850 since im still running on a 8800GTS 320mb... my proc is fine for now, what do you people think?

Get a cooler, they're really cheap, the RS1283 is only $33. I actually plan on buying it soon.

YOu should wait for the RV740 GPU, should be a good bang for buck.

I recommend both you can get the arctic cooling pro for about 25-35 I've overclocked my 5000+ to 3.1 Ghz. no problem.

even without overclocking that heatsink will be causing you problems. just buy one off newegg so that you dont overheat your cpu.

its because intel cut the heatsink size in half to cut costs

so all the newest core 2 have a smaller heatsink

I got the Xigmatek S1283 and it didn't come with a backplate for me. It only came with the pushpins.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2h7kheu.jpg[/IMG]

FYI, brah, I use watercooling.

Pamplemousse wrote 7 hours ago »

I got the Xigmatek S1283 and it didn't come with a backplate for me. It only came with the pushpins.

so are the pushies working well?

HumorusPrawn wrote 1 day ago »

yeah you can get the back plate, its like 10 bucks, and yeah its the DK with out black paint

It's not black paint, it's nickel lol

50CalPotato wrote 16 hours ago »

Pamplemousse wrote 7 hours ago »

so are the pushies working well?

ya pretty well, I didn't even had to take the motherboard out of the case.

This topic is going offtopic, but anyways.

There should be like an "universal" backplate bracket for every coolers, so that you dont have to take motherboard off just to change cooler.

GreenSLi wrote 2 minutes ago »

This topic is going offtopic, but anyways.

There should be like an "universal" backplate bracket for every coolers, so that you dont have to take motherboard off just to change cooler.

wouldn't that be nice...