My headphone collection: Respectable or idiotic?

I've been hoarding headphones lately, mainly because of Massdrop, so my spending money has been going there. As a result, I've amassed (I'm sorry) a bit of a collection.

My collection includes:

• Sennheiser HD 558 (my first $100+ headphone purchase)
  • AKG K7xx (primary set)
  • Beyerdynamic DTX 72 iE (meh)
  • AKG M220 (most disappointing of the bunch)
  • TFZ Series 5 IEM (love them)
  • Audio-Technica ATH-M50x (newest of the bunch; I've wanted a pair of M50's for the longest, but never got around to it just arrived tonight)
  • Sennheiser HD360 Pro
And stuff not really worth mentioning
  • Panasonic RPHJE450W,
  • Panasonic HJE120-K
  • Rovking.

I have a Fiio E10 Olympus DAC, and waiting on a CEntrance DACport Slim for my more portable setup.

So, is my collection respectable, or am being idiotic?

1 Like

Not too shabby. I personally wouldn't buy the middle three, but that's mostly because I don't like IEMs and the looks of the M220.

I'd think you're next step would either to be for a more beefcake amp/DAC and/or an even higher end set of headphones.

Well done! Enjoy the collection!

Alas, my own audio repertoire really only consists of the ones that have survived me. I've left behind a long line of destroyed walmart earphones in my wake. So far, the only ones I continue to use that haven't crumbled to dust are my trusty ATH-M30x headphones. I have a pair of Moxpad X3s lying around and they're kinda nice too, when headphones aren't an option (only the IEMs can get past the lawn tractor engine)