My future build

Hey Guys.

in a couple of weeks im going to build a new computer for gaming. This is my first time, so i would like to know if you have any comments to my future setup:

cpu: i5 3750k

gpu: Asus 7970 DC2 3GD5

mb: Asus P8Z77 V LK

memory: Corsair Vengeance

ssd: kingston hyperX 3K 120 gb

case: Antec three hundred two

powersupply: Corsair gs800

I have chosen the 800 w powersupply and the LK mb, so that i canupgrade to crossfire in the future. Im probably also going to oc the cpu, but havent dicided which cooler i will use, any suggestions?

please comment

Pedersen

Looks good.

Edit: The vengance might be a bit overkill

Get the Phanteks PH-TC14PE if you are only using 2 sticks of RAM. It keeps my i7 3770k at 25 degrees C when it idles. After 4 hours of Borderlands 2, my CPU was only 36 degrees C. It is huge, though, making large RAM difficult to fit under it. I have the G.SKILL Trident X memory (2x8GB) and it fits perfectly with the removable red heat sinks on top. G.SKILL Ripjaws X also fits right under it.

Get the Phanteks PH-TC14PE if you are only using 2 sticks of RAM. It keeps my i7 3770k at 25 degrees C when it idles. After 4 hours of Borderlands 2, my CPU was only 36 degrees C. It is huge, though, making large RAM difficult to fit under it. I have the G.SKILL Trident X memory (2x8GB) and it fits perfectly with the removable red heat sinks on top. G.SKILL Ripjaws X also fits right under it.

okay great, thanks.

Can you reccomend some other memory then?

okay thanks, i will take a look at it. How is the noise level?

Just any 1600hz CL9 RAM should do, though you might want to check heatsink size if you get certain CPU sinks. You could even go with 1333Hz OR CL9 without much of a proformance hit.

If you have limited space check out any CPU liquid colling kit. I have a Corsair H50, keeps my i7 3770k stock clock around 35C idle and 45C under stress and is whisper quiet. I certainly recomend something similar to it.