My future Build/ maybe your "Cheap-ass" build?

Hello Logan and that other one who sits behind the camera,

I've recently become interested in building my own Gaming PC since my Dell Laptop can't run some games I want it to (GTA IV, Skyrim, etc.) and I'm also getting tired of my 1366x768 resolution on my 15in. screen. So I went to NewEgg and started building myself a PC, I used your "Cheap-ass build" as a reference, since I am indeed a cheap-ass, I started with a AMD A6-6400K "Richland" CPU+GPU, then I got an MSI FM2-A55M-E33 motherboard with HDMI output, since I want this hooked up to my 22in. TV. I also decided to get a CORSAIR CX430M 430W PSU, I went with the modular model because I am extremely OCD about cable-cluttler. Also getting 2GB of G-skill memory, but not sure if I need more. Getting a WD-Blue 250GB to install Linux+WINE on. This should all hopefully fit inside a Fractal Design Core 1000 case.

I also have the specs listed below for anyone too lazy to read my novel:

AMD A6-6400K Richland 3.9GHz Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

MSI FM2-A55M-E33 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ( I may go 4GB)

CORSAIR CX430M 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Western Digital Blue 250GB 7200 RPM

Fractal Design Core 1000 FD-CA-CORE-1000-USB3-BL

GRAND TOTAL- approx. $300.00

I would like to know if this system is "Logan approved" and was wondering if you could maybe use this for your Cheap-ass Build.

what are yo trying to kill? an n64?

This won't come near console performance, but it might get the job done untill you can get your hands on a better machine. 

You mentioned you have a laptop. You could do a bit of ''ghetto engineering'' and rip out the hard drive. It might not be fast, but it will save you a bit of money wich will allow you to go for more ram. 

+1

lolno.

The next gen consoles are not going to be killed by anything in the same price range as them, because with consoles you can do some really low level stuff to squeeze out extra performance.

Give it a year and $400-$500 PCs might be killing consoles.

P.S anything below A10-5800k is garbage for modern games, ALWAYS go for CPU+GPU over APU unless you are building a general purpose computer for an average end user or an HTPC.

Well, you can at least suggest some different parts instead of sitting and laughing. 

I know it will not be as good as the new-gen consoles.

I'm also not going to destroy my laptop so I can save a few extra dollars, I want to keep this laptop so I can not use it for gaming, but for other stuff. I am sort-of getting this and slowly build upon this over the months or years.

Look at the 6770 on newegg. Its $55 on newegg.ca and will be a huge boost in performance compared to the integrated graphics.

My bad i assumed it would be on newegg.com but i couldnt find it

I beleve I said BUDGET build, I don't have that kind of money to blow on a GPU, which is why I'm going with a AMD A6 which combines both so I save money, if needed I might be able to go to a A8 or A10 with better graphics.

I beleve I said BUDGET build

well no, you didn't

if you said "help me build a cheap ass gaming computer for around $300" instead of "i put together a consol killer with an a6" you would've gotten vastly different responses

exactly what do you have for a laptop? because take a P.O.S. apu, going through wine, horrid linux drivers, i wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with something worse than hd4000

I found the $350 APU build video and I'm debating weather to go with a AMD A10-5800K or a A8-6600K the A8 is newer but the A10 is what Logan used in his build.

a10, you wouldn't get a haswel i5 over an ivy i7

Here is something that I threw together, minding your tight budget that I think would serve you well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1k2Tt

It appears I didn't, I apoligize for that typo, but I am going for a VERY cheap build here, not entirley a Console killer.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r, i3 2.40, 6GB ram, and you guessed it, Intel Graphics HD4000.

which can run games fairly well, such as Saints Row 3 at 720p at about 45-50fps, I want a Gaming PC because I hate the lack of numpad, crap native 1366x768 resolution, etc.

I enjoy the thought but this is just way out of my budget, I'm looking for maybe the 300-350 range.

I can understand a budget, but one last thought from me. Spend a little more now, imagine sitting there with your "cheap ass" specs and it doesnt perform like you wanted...  In the PC/Electronic world there is no returns for what doesnt perform like you want. Even if it requires waiting just a little bit longer.

$350 act fast to get the promo codes 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1k3ac

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi A85S3 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($57.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)

Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $349.93

This may sound stupid but I'm going to swap out the Motherboard with something that has HDMI output, since the only monitor I have lying around is my TV, and it only has HDMI.

and also swaping out the HDD, since I haven't had much luck with Hitachi Drives.

EDIT: my bad, turns out the Motherboard has HDMI AND USB 3.0, with is fantastic!

It allready has HDMI

REAR I/O 1 x HDMI Connector http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=625#spec 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1k3tb

I changed some things, faster memory, wireless card, and a different HDD.

It comes out $10 too much but, that's no big prob.